Thread: Cant edit/configure EB4

Cant edit/configure EB4

I bought a used EB4 from a friend of mine. I decided to add a frag tank so I will be using the EB4 to run a few things. I have it plugged into the outlet and the status light looks green. I purchased a new bus cable from bulk reef supply as well and connected the bus cable from my EB4 to one of my EB8's. It shows up on my APEX Fusion but it wont let me configure the outlets. It looks like he used them for lights because it all 4 outlets show ramp rates for different times of the day. For the life of me I can not figure out how to edit these outlets.

A friend mine told me to try a firmware update for the EB4 only but I have never done a firmware update for just one single piece. Has anyone run into this kind of issue before? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks
    Tom

Programming is not stored in the EB4 - when you connected it to your Apex, it was recognized as new to that Apex so the Apex gave the four EB4 outlet’s default programming.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

When using an Apex Classic, module firmware cannot be updated using Apex Fusion. You can use the Classic Dashboard for that. Go to Configuration->Module setup then select the EB4 and update the firmware. Do the same for any other module which shows as OLD in the table at the bottom of that page. Check that table to see if the EB4 is OK or OLD first.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.