Thread: Help with moving and Apex update

Regular Vistor

Help with moving and Apex update

Hello all,

I am moving my 30g reef today to my house from a family members house where I used to live. I won't be able to directly connect my Apex to my router as it will be in the basement, and the router is on the second floor. Can I just take the Apex Base and the Apex Display to the second floor and update the firmware? I am also concerned since the Apex has not been connected to the internet for about the last year that I may have issues connecting it to my internet when I get it to my new house. Not only that, but the lap top I had been using for Apex Fusion and what not was stolen about a year ago. Should I be worried about any of this? For what it's worth I am now using a MacBook Air, previously I was using a Windows based lap top.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

-Blair

Quote Originally Posted by PAreefer08 View Post
    Hello all,

I am moving my 30g reef today to my house from a family members house where I used to live. I won't be able to directly connect my Apex to my router as it will be in the basement, and the router is on the second floor. Can I just take the Apex Base and the Apex Display to the second floor and update the firmware? I am also concerned since the Apex has not been connected to the internet for about the last year that I may have issues connecting it to my internet when I get it to my new house. Not only that, but the lap top I had been using for Apex Fusion and what not was stolen about a year ago. Should I be worried about any of this? For what it's worth I am now using a MacBook Air, previously I was using a Windows based lap top.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

-Blair
    You can defiantly take the base upstairs and update it. Ive had to do that. Now i have a 30 ft aquabus cable ran through the wall but prior i updated it by removing it and taking to computer. Just be sure to update all modules once you get it set back up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk