Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK Spec 2016 Model

Frequent Visitor

UK Spec 2016 Model

Hi Guys,

Trying to make some plans for a new tank and struggling to find concrete information on the site for the specs for the UK version of the 2016 model. Can you help please?

- What powerbar is shipped with the U.K. version of the 2016 model and what are the specs? (Ie 1Link, TRIAC, power monitoring etc)

- Will the COR and Trident be compatible with the U.K. version with full functionality?

- If the 2016 model is only shipped with the current EB6 power bar, could you please confirm a release date and spec for a full functionality 2016 power bar?

thanks

Rob

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by tastyfish View Post
    Hi Guys,

Trying to make some plans for a new tank and struggling to find concrete information on the site for the specs for the UK version of the 2016 model. Can you help please?

- What powerbar is shipped with the U.K. version of the 2016 model and what are the specs? (Ie 1Link, TRIAC, power monitoring etc)

- Will the COR and Trident be compatible with the U.K. version with full functionality?

- If the 2016 model is only shipped with the current EB6 power bar, could you please confirm a release date and spec for a full functionality 2016 power bar?

thanks

Rob
    Any comment/help from any of the Neptune folk on this one please?

Frequent Visitor

Regular Vistor
    I’m looking for pretty much the same answer but nothing as yet ??

New User
    Could someone confirm if a new ENERGY BAR for EUROPE is being developed?

Frequent Visitor
    Could anyone please comment? Personally I'm not after a release commitment, but simply informing your customers if it is your intent to release one within the next year would be great.

Frequent Visitor
    Happy New year!

Can anyone at Neptune please comment? The 2016 Apex model currently offers little/no value add to customers in the UK/EU, such as myself whilst it is still shipped with the old EB6 plug bar (which now must be coming up to 8+ years old?). It still doesn't have current sensing and requires us to purchase a 1LINK module separately just to get two 1LINK ports.

Any comment on plans would be really appreciated.

Regular Vistor
    same question. will be new european EB. Hard to develop it ?

Frequent Visitor
    I’m not with Neptune, so I can’t comment on their plans, but I will say that the COR pump I received has a 110-220V power supply with a pretty standard Removable power cable that goes from the wall outlet to the power supply brick. As such, it should be a pretty easy matter for them to ship it with a different cable for European customers (or for a European customer to swap the cable out him/herself.) When they will do so is difficult to say - I would expect they are concentrating on the US roll-out for now and once that stabilizes look across the pond.

As far as the EB832 goes, I haven’t heard anything. Given the nature of an energy bar, I suspect there are more regulatory issues with design approval and certification, but that’s pure speculation on my part. I would like to see them add that as well, since they’re missing out on a big section of the reefing community.

New User
    I emailed them yesterday about this question
    Here was their response
    I cannot honestly tell you if and when they may be available. As far as I know, it will not be in the immediate future.

But we in support are not told very far in advance when something happens.

Please let us know if you have any other questions, or need any additional clarification.

BY the sound of that response I might as well find a different controller make

Frequent Visitor
    Yeah, That's not too encouraging. In spite of my comment about regulatory issues, it doesn't seem like it should be too tough to make a 220V power bar. As long as the relays are all compatible they should be able to use the same wiring, since current loads will be less.

New User
    Well oddly enough I received another email from their sales team.
    This was their comment.

Thank you for your inquiry and interest in the Neptune Systems product line. The International 2016 Apex System (APEXSYSNG-XX) comes with the classic EB6XX that will control 6 outlets on/off. We have not formally stated if we will develop an enhanced EB6 at this time, not to say it won't happen, but we haven't formally committed to it. Our best recommendation is for you to make the purchase to help protect the investment in their aquarium now with what is available, and if/when an enhanced EB6XX becomes available, then you can always upgrade to that.

Please let us know if you have any other questions, or need any additional clarification.

Please Reference Ticket:

New User
    this is also a huge sticking point for me too. As the price seems to be the same but without the additional functionality. If this had the upto date powerbar i would purchase today

Quote Originally Posted by JT93 View Post
    Well oddly enough I received another email from their sales team.
    This was their comment.

Our best recommendation is for you to make the purchase to help protect the investment in their aquarium now with what is available, and if/when an enhanced EB6XX becomes available, then you can always upgrade to that.
    I'm not in the UK, but I would suggest someone living in the UK ask Neptune if the above statement means if you buy what is currently available and if/when they release the enhanced EB6XX will you be able to get a discount if you upgrade.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    I'm not in the UK, but I would suggest someone living in the UK ask Neptune if the above statement means if you buy what is currently available and if/when they release the enhanced EB6XX will you be able to get a discount if you upgrade.
    Well this is the problem the UK EB6XX does not run the power monitoring and also does not contain the 1LINK outlet. This would be separate costing £170
    Most of their new products are going to run from this link so I feel that until they decide (certainly for me) it's more money than it's worth.

Frequent Visitor
    I realise now that this may be flogging a dead horse here, but can anyone from Neptune please reply either to this thread or privately is fine and let me know your intentions for the EB in the non US markets? (Specifically the UK and Europe)

By my calculations I make the current EB6 9 years old and obsolete compared to the EB832 and the GHL.

Frequent Visitor
    I emailed Neptune and this time had a response, from a helpful chap called Phil in sales.

Unfortunately, it appears that there will be no international EB832 (Europe) for at least the next two years. It's not on the 2018 roadmap and unlikely it will be on the 2019 either.

So we will be stuck with the outdated EB6 on the 2016, hence no power monitoring and no native 1LINK ports (unless you wish to spend an additional $233 on a separate 1LINK module).

Unfortunately not good news for us international customers.

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by tastyfish View Post
    I realise now that this may be flogging a dead horse here, but can anyone from Neptune please reply either to this thread or privately is fine and let me know your intentions for the EB in the non US markets? (Specifically the UK and Europe)

By my calculations I make the current EB6 9 years old and obsolete compared to the EB832 and the GHL.
    We have never announced a new Energy Bar for 220/240V for 2018. Honestly, at this point, we do not know if it will be on the 2019 roadmap or not. The current UK and Schuko Energy Bars are no where near 9 years old. The current Apex in foreign markets has been price adjusted to reflect not having a more advanced Energy Bar. If a 220/240V Energy Bar with similar features to the EB832 were to ever be part of the system, the price of the system would rise. As it stands now, I believe the EB6 is priced the same as its competitor and has one additional controllable outlet - but I am not certain on this.

We understand the desires of our customers, really we do. Please understand though that the design for this particular component has many complicated aspects - most of which are not immediately obvious to the customer. This is simply a matter of resources and market size at this point.

We are not saying this is not something we are leaving behind - just that it is not on the near term calendar.

Oh, and we do not have an employee yet named Phil

New User
    I am so gutted iv just ordered one today its on its way to me and i get it tomorrow and iv only just found out i dont get the 8 plug silver energy bar ??????
    iv just spent ner on £900 with the probe holder.
    i am soooooo pisssssssed off right now

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9877 View Post
    I am so gutted iv just ordered one today its on its way to me and i get it tomorrow and iv only just found out i dont get the 8 plug silver energy bar ??????
    iv just spent ner on £900 with the probe holder.
    i am soooooo pisssssssed off right now
    Where did you buy from? Who told you that you would get an 8-outlet, 220v energy bar? Is there a web site somewhere that shows this? I need to get that dealt with asap.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    Where did you buy from? Who told you that you would get an 8-outlet, 220v energy bar? Is there a web site somewhere that shows this? I need to get that dealt with asap.
    charterhouse-aquatics uk
    no one told me but im new to all this and all they show on the add is the full kit photo. i did not know i was not going to get it an till i came on hear..
    so not happy. i feal like iv been miss sold an item now and the image i had built up for neptune has gone out the window now

Frequent Contributor
    charterhouse-aquatics uk
    no one told me but im new to all this and all they show on the add is the full kit photo. i did not know i was not going to get it an till i came on hear..
    so not happy. i feal like iv been miss sold an item now and the image i had built up for neptune has gone out the window now
    Yes, they are using the wrong image. Did you not notice that it had USA outlets? I would think that this would be pretty common for someone in the UK to see that and wonder. Also, right at the top of the description it says this:

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 3.13.00 PM.png

I somewhat understand your frustration because they have used the wrong photo, but there is a ton of discussion on this topic everywhere and they did put that notice on the top. The notice is incorrect even then though as it says "Old Energy Bar 6". There has only been one generation of the Energy Bar 6 that has been produced with four different plug styles.

I would contact them and return the unit if you are dissatisfied or feel led on by their listing.

New User
    i just thought id get the same but with uk plug. like i said im new to all this so i dont know what all the terminology. i thought id just buy it then do all the research tonight
    i have heard by otheres that they are good so thats why i good one.

Frequent Contributor
    i just thought id get the same but with uk plug. like i said im new to all this so i dont know what all the terminology. i thought id just buy it then do all the research tonight
    i have heard by otheres that they are good so thats why i good one.
    I do not think you will be disappointed ultimately. There is much to love about the Apex. I don't need to say it though, our customers do. I just updated our web site with a small sampling of the customer feedback we received in the last two months from an ongoing customer survey we have enacted. You can find that feedback here: https://www.neptunesystems.com/apex-love/

New User
    so can you tell me the difference between the two ? looks like a fair bit. and to pay £820 then to find out im getting an older model i was a bit pissed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast