Thread: DOS Issues

New User

DOS Issues

I have my DOS programmed to do two gallons a day for AWC. Tonight, I tried testing it by simply turning the DOS to the ON position. For some reason, the DOS will turn off after running for about five minutes in the ON position. I thought whenever an outlet is switched to ON, it overrides any programmed code written for it in AUTO mode? I am hesitant to turn the AWC to AUTO. I left it on AUTO for 30 minutes and I could hear water running down the drain but didn't see any water going back into the sump. Only the water out pump was running while the water in was off. They're suppose to run at the same time when in AUTO mode.

Anyone have experience with the DOS turning off even when switched to ON?

Quote Originally Posted by mike810 View Post
    Anyone have experience with the DOS turning off even when switched to ON?
    The DŌS a bit different - Under normal conditions, the DŌS should not be used with the slider in ON, and ON should not be used in programming; ON really should only be used for something like priming the tubing, or doing a simple function check. ON simply runs the pump at a medium-low speed... you have no direct control over the speed (and therefore the dosing rate) if you use ON. All normal DŌS programming should be done with the Fusion wizard (the best way for most people) or with profiles (as an alternative for special & less-common cases); the Fusion wizard will automatically determine the best speed to run the pump at to accomplish the configured dosing or AWC schedule.

The DŌS will not run continuously as you discovered; this is by design; if you set a DŌS pump slider to ON, the pump will run a for a few minutes, then will stop for a while, then will run for a few minutes more. This is to protect the motor.

I left it on AUTO for 30 minutes and I could hear water running down the drain but didn't see any water going back into the sump. Only the water out pump was running while the water in was off. They're suppose to run at the same time when in AUTO mode.
    Post the programming used for both pumps, including anything you have added into the Advanced tab of the DŌS wizard.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Hey Russ,

Thanks for the feedback. I was only running it in the ON position to prime the lines and some testing in general. I already have the programming for the DOS setup and assumed it was like all the other outlets where ON overrides any failsafe programming put in place. I'll leave it on AUTO and see what happens. I used fusion to do the programming but basically set to come on at 17:05 and turn off at 19:55 after it doses 7570ml (water in and water out). Advanced programming is:

If Salt_3 CLOSED Then OFF
    If Sump_H CLOSED Then OFF