Thread: PMK

PMK

Anyone using the PMK? I noticed that the PMK is not included in the "task" listing.

Wondering what other probes I can hook to it after I have my lighting set?

Also is the ASM available as a module only? Don't see them on the Neptune Systems website.

Would be nice if the ASM had multiple ports for monitoring multiple lighting points from the same module.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you can hook up another temp probe, as well as a breakout box through the IO port (if you have need of one.)

Personally, I think the PMK is too limited. I use one of these https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/mq-51...er-apogee.html with one of these https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/senso...rs-apogee.html to check PAR whenever and wherever I want in my tank.

PMK

You are suppose to be able to use other probes, i.e. Calcium monitor and diy probes. Just trying to figure out if anyone has done any of that.

And at over $500, for the Apogee, I'll stick with the Neptune Systems version for 24/7 monitoring, temp, and I/O ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, I understand, the desire to put everything under Apex CONTROL is strong! For me too. But I wanted to be able to check individual PAR values at many locations and depths inside my tank, including partially shaded areas, to create a PAR map. The numbers can vary, a lot. Right now, I have creatures living at everything from 50 PAR to 350 PAR. On the other hand, if you don't change your light regimen, the PAR reading at any one location and time isn't likely to change much from day to day either, so continuous monitoring of the value at that one location would be less useful to me.

OTOH, if there's a way to use the ASM module to connect other more exotic probes, it might be worth buying the PMK just for that.

I use the neptune pmk and the sensor wand from BRS. I dont leave the pmk in the tank i just hook it up and take different readings and then disconnect it and put it away. i found not only is measuring one spot in the tank daily not that useful but regardless the sensor builds up with with alage and calcium deposits so quickly that if i dont pull it out and clean it every few days its not reading correctly. Personally I'd stick with the PMK and just take your measurements and then remove it when not in use.

For sure, that would work too.

PMK

Quote Originally Posted by Reeffish View Post
    I noticed that the PMK is not included in the "task" listing.

Wondering what other probes I can hook to it after I have my lighting set?

Also is the ASM available as a module only? Don't see them on the Neptune Systems website.
    The Tasks features in Fusion are relatively new, and more are being added regularly. There might be one in the future, there might not... I don't know.

As I understand it, the ASM is currently only available through retail channels as part of the PAR Monitoring Kit... The ASM by itself is not something the regular retail outlets stock; it is not something a hobbyist would typically buy. The ASM by itself is available directly from Neptune.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeffish View Post
    You are suppose to be able to use other probes, i.e. Calcium monitor and diy probes
    The ASM has three input modes... PAR, 0-1vdc, and 0-5vdc. The latter two are used to connect sensors and other instrumentation which output a variable voltage signal in one of those two ranges. I am unaware of any calcium probe that outputs a 0-1v or 0-5v signal. I know that there are a few hobbyists using the ASM for something other than with a PAR sensor, but do not recall the details. It's my understanding that most uses of the ASM in the non-PAR modes are by commercial, higher education, and research organizations.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The ASM by itself is not something the regular retail outlets stock; it is not something a hobbyist would typically buy. The ASM by itself is available directly from Neptune.
    I don't see it offered at the Neptune Store, only the PMK. Is there another source for direct purchases from Neptune?

Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    I don't see it offered at the Neptune Store, only the PMK. Is there another source for direct purchases from Neptune?
    Send an email to sales-at-neptunesystems.com if you are seriously interested in buying one.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Thanks; I am interested. I could just buy the PMK I suppose, but I don't need another PAR sensor.