Thread: Atk programming help

New User

Atk programming help

I wanna turn off my skimmer if sw5_1 switch is open for longer than 10mins. Can someone tell me what to program ?

I was thinking
    If sw5_1 open > 00:10 then skimmer off

Does not work but I am not programmer..

Please help. Thank u.

I dont know what else you have in your skimmer programming so to keep it organized the cleanest thing to do is add a new virtual outlet. Label it something like SumpLow or whatever being open for 10 minutes means to you.

In that new virtual outlet put in this programming

Code:
    Set OFF
    If sw5_1 Open then ON
    Defer 10:00 then ON
    This will make the virtual outlet only turn ON when the switch is open for 10 minutes.

In your skimmers programming add

Code:
    If Output SumpLow = ON then OFF
    If this switch being open means something is going wrong with your system I'd also add this to your alarm programming

Code:
    If Output SumpLow = ON then ON

@eschulst, I updated the programming in your post; I added the = in the If Output statements. I forget that too sometimes
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by eschulist View Post
    I dont know what else you have in your skimmer programming so to keep it organized the cleanest thing to do is add a new virtual outlet. Label it something like SumpLow or whatever being open for 10 minutes means to you.

In that new virtual outlet put in this programming

Code:
    Set OFF
    If sw5_1 Open then ON
    Defer 10:00 then ON
    This will make the virtual outlet only turn ON when the switch is open for 10 minutes.

In your skimmers programming add

Code:
    If Output SumpLow = ON then OFF
    If this switch being open means something is going wrong with your system I'd also add this to your alarm programming

Code:
    If Output SumpLow = ON then ON

Will this turn my skimmer off if sw5_1 is open even just for a minute, or will it turn my skimmer off just after 10 minutes?

If you use the virtual outlet with defer it will cause the skimmer to turn off if the switch is open continuously for 10 minutes. If its open for 9 minutes and then closes it will do nothing. Only after 10 minutes of being open will it tell the skimmer to turn off.

If you want it to turn off instantly you dont need the virtual outlet. You can just use If Sw5_1 Open then OFF in the skimmer programming. In either case as soon as the switch closes the skimmer will turn back on.