Thread: Can I add DEFER statement to the automatic Min/Max alarms?

Can I add DEFER statement to the automatic Min/Max alarms?

I recently upgraded to the new Apex and I'm still trying to fine tune my programming. The ATK alarms are programmed through the alarm outlet, and the pH and Temp alarms are automatically part of the probe. Is there a way to add a Defer statement to the min/max pH alarm?

My ATK is pumping Kalk and at the moment the output is close to the pH probe. I know I should move the probe, and I will, but just wondering if there is a way to add a defer statement.

Thanks.

If there is a way I have been unable to find it personally. This is why I use the old school email alarm for all of my alarms personally.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Thanks. I guess I'm going to stick with that too.

There is an automatic defer of 10 seconds when using the input alarm triggers; it is not user-configurable. The input alarm triggers are easy to set up, and while they are fine for most people, certain more-advanced Apex users and those with less-common needs may need to selectively use the traditional If input-name statements in the email output program, as zombie has done, or on occasion, to use those same traditional If input-name statements in a virtual outlet along with a Defer, for example:

[pH_Abnormal] // a VO
    Set OFF
    If pH < 7.95 Then ON
    If pH > 8.30 Then ON
    Defer 003:00 Then ON

[Email_Alarm]
    Set OFF
    {other programming}
    If Output pH_Abnormal = On Then ON
    I do not like doing this because then any emails, txts, and iOS push notifications triggered by the pH being out of normal range do not include the actual current pH probe value, and that's something I want to know right away, so I want that info to be included in the notification. Of course, if I used the VO and got a pH_Abnormal message, I could simply fire up the APEX Fusion app and check, but I prefer to get the current out-of-spec probe value pushed to me.

I want this in probe-related alarm notifications: Statement: If pH > 8.30 Then On (8.37)
    not just: Statement: If Output pH_Abnormal = On Then ON

That's my preference... you might not consider it to be a big deal.

IMO, the "right answer" would be to move the pH probe, rather than provide a workaround in alarm-related programming.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    I want this in probe-related alarm notifications: Statement: If pH > 8.30 Then On (8.37)
    not just: Statement: If Output pH_Abnormal = On Then ON

That's my preference... you might not consider it to be a big deal.

IMO, the "right answer" would be to move the pH probe, rather than provide a workaround in alarm-related programming.

Russ: Thanks for chiming in here. I agree with you and my preference would be to get the actual probe value. But, I have already moved the probe and every evening I still get alarm on emails and texts which are then very quickly followed by an alarm off. They clog up my email and my text messaging.

I think the issue is that I'm topping off with a saturated Kalk solution. My sump holds around 25 gallons (not positive anymore) and it is in three sections. Far right section is where the ATK provides the top-off water, far left section holds the skimmer and with all the bubbles etc. I'm not sure that's a good place for a probe. Middle section is where I typically keep my probes as it is calmer and there is also the drain to my return pump, drain in the front and probes in the back of the section. Sump is under the stand but the return pump is in the basement.

I'll try moving the probe to the section that holds the skimmer and in the calmest spot I can find. We'll see. If that doesn't work I'm going to need to revert to a VO to resolve. I don't want to get into the habit of ignoring the Alarms, which I do now since they come so often.

Mickey

Maybe move the pH probe into the overflow.