Thread: Skimmer on timer whilst dosing

New User

Skimmer on timer whilst dosing

Hi folks,,,very new to the Neptune systems and to the hobby, and I'm sure you will get this question a lot...but to get me out of trouble for now..(please)...I would like to know how to set my skimmer to go off at say 10:55 pm, 5 mins before my tank doses part 1 at 11:00pm and part 2 doses at 11:10pm. I would like skimmer to come back on at 11;40pm , 30 mins after last dose. My skimmer is plugged into outlet 5 on eb832, and I have feed cycle A set up where the skimmer and return pumps go off for 5 mins and the skimmer a further 5 mins....what coding would I put in the advanced section....
    Really appreciate any help guys....or girls..
    slagburger.

Frequent Visitor
    Use an if time statement to turn it off for the time period you want.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
    Use an if time statement to turn it off for the time period you want.
    An example would be great,,,,,really would appreciate it

Just add this line at the end.

If Time 22:55 to 23:39 Then OFF

There are ways to tie it in to the dosing itself so you don't have to change it if dosing time changes, but it requires virtual outlets and some slightly complex logic.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Cheers zombie, appreciate it man...will be watching it sadly tomorrow night at 10:55

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Slagburger View Post
    An example would be great,,,,,really would appreciate it
    I see Zomie already gave you the example. But will explain why I didn't and it is not specific to you. I believe in helping people but making them help themselves as well. I told you how to solve your problem. But I should have included a statement about finding the correct syntax for the if time statement in the comprehensive reference manual. In my opinion a person will learn more and remember better if they do it themselves rather than being given the answer.

The manual is great, if becoming outdated, and explains all the commands, their syntax and examples. If you don't have it, you can download it from the Neptune link at the top of the page

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogfish View Post
    I see Zomie already gave you the example. But will explain why I didn't and it is not specific to you. I believe in helping people but making them help themselves as well. I told you how to solve your problem. But I should have included a statement about finding the correct syntax for the if time statement in the comprehensive reference manual. In my opinion a person will learn more and remember better if they do it themselves rather than being given the answer.

The manual is great, if becoming outdated, and explains all the commands, their syntax and examples. If you don't have it, you can download it from the Neptune link at the top of the page
    hey frog fish, I totally agree with you...just wanted to get this coding done for tonight,,,will definitely study the manual!