Thread: setting up 12v plug for apex

setting up 12v plug for apex

I have the 12 volt plug for the Apex. I have power monitoring enabled. I have read the manual but still a bit confused on how this exactly works. I understand I plug the 12 volt plug into the Apex and plug it into a regular wall outlet. And I understand that I need to enable power monitoring. I also have my router on a battery backup. Other than that it's my understanding that I should put the "if power is lost" command in my alarm Outlet. Is this correct or am I missing something? I ask because I've done this and it didn't seem to work correctly. Am I doing something incorrectly? Thank you

Once power monitoring is enabled, the if Power Apex line monitors the 12V input rather than rail power. Anywhere that you want an alert, to turn off high drain equipment, or change to a low power profile, use the If Power Apex line.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

ok so plug it in to a regular wall outlet. put if power apex off 000 then on in alarm statement. put if power apex off 000 then off in outlets that i want to turn off when power is out? with this it will turn off all unneeded equipment and it will send me an alert correct? this is the way i understood it but it didn't work. i'll try again. thanks for clarifying maybe i missed somehting

Quote Originally Posted by joenla View Post
    ok so plug it in to a regular wall outlet. put if power apex off 000 then on in alarm statement. put if power apex off 000 then off in outlets that i want to turn off when power is out? with this it will turn off all unneeded equipment and it will send me an alert correct? this is the way i understood it but it didn't work. i'll try again. thanks for clarifying maybe i missed somehting
    Correct. Also make sure you reboot the apex as well. I vaguely recall but an not certain that the power monitor enable didn't take effect until after a reboot.

I'm trying to figure this out as well. So for instance my device name is gyre_4 if power off 000 then on? Do I have to specify gyre_4 even if I'm programming in gyre_4?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetail187 View Post
    I'm trying to figure this out as well. So for instance my device name is gyre_4 if power off 000 then on? Do I have to specify gyre_4 even if I'm programming in gyre_4?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    No. You use

If Power Apex OFF 000 Then ON

In the alarm statement or replace the last ON with OFF (or profile name) as the last line in the advanced programming of a device you want to be shut off

BTW Zombie the reason power monitoring wasn't working correctly is bc I didn't reboot the apex after enabling. Just fyi. thanks for heads up

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Correct. Also make sure you reboot the apex as well. I vaguely recall but an not certain that the power monitor enable didn't take effect until after a reboot.