Thread: Customer Service

New User

Customer Service

I have had this unit for 2 months up and running. Friday it starts turning off and on.
    Has anyone else dealt with the customer service with issues like this? I am finding they want to do alot of diagnostics on my end, like had buy a 12v adapter to test certain pieces on my end. Then when all is said and done it will will still have to be returned, according to what they told me. Then however long it takes for them to return one. Sounds like if you depend on this you should have another one for such situations. I would like to here from anyone else with similar experiences. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

here is a link of the video I also had to do for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LUCll58oqw

I doubt tech support told you that you had to buy a 12v adapter; more likely, you were simply asked if you have one available. A 12v adapter can facilitate troubleshooting at times, and may help the support agent to narrow down the source of the problem. Yes, tech support will want to do diagnostics and resolve the problem in the field if at all possible; if they can, they will try to get you back up and running without needing to issue an RMA and have you send anything in. And if they can identify it to something specific, such as the Apex, the EB832, or perhaps another module, then you'd only need to send in that item rather than the whole system. I see a couple of expansion modules in your video; let's say, for example, that the tech support team is able to determine that it is one of those modules that is causing the system to not operate correctly. Would you not prefer to send in just that one module for repair or replacement, and be able to keep the rest of your Apex system online? That's a much better scenario than the possible alternative of sending the whole system in, is it not?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Hello

Well when you do not have one, then yes you have to buy one. Lol. They would not go any further apparently till I did that. They determined it is the power bar. Which leaves the system down for however long it takes shipping, for to them to fix it, return shipping. Not a very good system. They could use a system were they send you replacement keep a card on file and if you do not send damaged unit in by a certain time period. They charge you. I will end up ordering another power bar and use it while they repair it. The way l look at it, I paid 1200.00 for the base sytem with 2 wav units which all is totally useless now and if a 12v power supply is needed for diagnostics, they should include the $2.00 piece with it.

New User
    After several hours of myself and on phone with neptune support, finally figured out it was the netune ATO pump, it is only a couple month old but when it came on was shorting the whole system and causing the reboots. Thought I would share it.

Well that's one you don't hear everyday.

New User
    Yes after they said it was the power bar, I went out and bought another one because I was going out of town, I hooked it up worked for a couple hours then started doing the same thing, on and off repeatedly. So I called them the next day and was lucky that we found it, the tech had reset everything and it was working, thought he had it fixed. I had the tech on the phone going threw the extra tiles I had and when he kicked the ATO pump on, started doing it again. He could then see it was the pump shorting the whole system out. So looking back when the ATO kicked on it was causing it. He said that it was not uncommon, guess it was as far as this pump doing it but said that modules etc can cause this. Just thought I would share so may save some others the same headache. I had an extra pump that I was going to use for a return on my overflow tank, so hooked it up and been fine since.