Thread: Program to create gyre or stop-n-go motion

Frequent Visitor

Question Program to create gyre or stop-n-go motion

Hi guys,

I have a fairly new tank with four small corals. Below are the spec of my tank:

Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL
    160 gallons display
    40 gallons sump
    71" L x 23.6" H x 25.6" W

2 MP60s. One on each side. Centered.

I purchased a new coral that likes a lot of flow. I place it somewhat near and at eye level to the MP60. At it's lowest percentage, the MP60 was blowing the coral to it's side side without letting go.

My goals is to setup a program that can create a wave or a stop-n-go motion. I understand the MP60s are strong and my tank is not stocked with a lot of mature corals, but I should be able to use the MP60s now. Does anyone have suggestions on which program I can create that can achieve what I want?

I've uploaded a picture of the tank, rock space, and MP60s placement for reference.

https://s20.postimg.org/ga9af5f5p/DT01.jpg

Thank you.
    Last edited by Fringe09; 10-03-2017 at 12:13. Reason: Text was green color

Frequent Visitor
    Set it up for pulse mode. There are two long and short. Use the short. You will have to experiment with the time as each tank is different. I have a 105 and I use 0.86 so you can try somewhere in that range as a suggestion

Frequent Visitor
    Forgot to mention have one as anti-sync

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by marksw View Post
    Set it up for pulse mode. There are two long and short. Use the short. You will have to experiment with the time as each tank is different. I have a 105 and I use 0.86 so you can try somewhere in that range as a suggestion
    Here my options. There is only one Pulse.

APEX_02.jpg

Frequent Visitor
    Just use the pulse. I forgot that Apex combines both modes into one. Like I said though you will have to experiment with the time

Frequent Visitor
    Just use the pulse. I forgot that Apex combines both modes into one. Like I said though you will have to experiment with the time
    Should I see the fans stop and start when using Pulse? I have tried using it from 1.2 to 1.8, but I don't seem to notice anything different.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Fringe09 View Post
    Should I see the fans stop and start when using Pulse? I have tried using it from 1.2 to 1.8, but I don't seem to notice anything different.
    They never stop just slow down and speed up. It will create a wave action. You will have to experiment with the times until you see the wave being created

Frequent Visitor
    They never stop just slow down and speed up. It will create a wave action. You will have to experiment with the times until you see the wave being created
    Thank you again. Does the power for the left and right pump need to be setup in a specific way?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Fringe09 View Post
    Thank you again. Does the power for the left and right pump need to be setup in a specific way?
    Yes they both need to have the same time in the pulse and one must be set up to anti-sync so that they are going opposite each other. . . i.e when one is high the other is low. The lights on the vortech controller will show you the up and down speed. . flashing back and forth

- - - Updated - - -

For more information about it refer to the vortech instructions under short pulse

Frequent Visitor
    Yes they both need to have the same time in the pulse and one must be set up to anti-sync so that they are going opposite each other. . . i.e when one is high the other is low. The lights on the vortech controller will show you the up and down speed. . flashing back and forth

- - - Updated - - -

For more information about it refer to the vortech instructions under short pulse
    Seems to be working. Pump is slowing down and speeding up based on the motor noise.

I was under the impression that the during the slowdown part, the pump would actually stop.

Thank you again.