Thread: I know you all get this a lot.. help!

New User

I know you all get this a lot.. help!

Basically I'm having trouble with my brand new Apex Jr... I hooked it all up yesterday (including WXM to control my Vortech mp10qd and ecotech battery backup, and a leak detection kit including an optical sensor to tell me when the tank is too full so the Tunze ATO can shut off).

I don't even know where to start. There is so much information and I'd like to have different things so I can switch off my vortech pump with a push of a button on my phone and control the different modes easily. Additionally, I'd like it to shut off my heater if too hot, shut off my ATO if water level is too high, and let me know if any water leaks or anything else goes awry..

Problem is i know nothing about programming, and don't even know where to type the programming. Can I do it on my phone in Apex fusion? How do I hook up the WXM module to my vortech pump/battery backup?

I'd be very appreciative if someone can give me a few pointers and tips to get me started. I became frustrated last night while hooking it up and trying to get it to function properly...

Thanks for any and all help.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

First off, thoroughly read through this getting started guide to get your bearings around the system.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/apexjr/

I would also highly recommend at least a good skim through the CRM

https://www.neptunesystems.com/downl...nce_Manual.pdf

After getting your bearings so that you can understand what some code does and where you need to put it, first see what functions can be completed using the default programming styles (ex. Heater type, pump type, etc.). Then for any code you are unsure of start a new post in this thread or create a new thread in the appropriate subforum specific to that outlet and we can help you to generate the "advanced" code.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    First off, thoroughly read through this getting started guide to get your bearings around the system.

After getting your bearings so that you can understand what some code does and where you need to put it, first see what functions can be completed using the default programming styles (ex. Heater type, pump type, etc.). Then for any code you are unsure of start a new post in this thread or create a new thread in the appropriate subforum specific to that outlet and we can help you to generate the "advanced" code.

Awesome, thank you very much.

New User

Okay... So I've got my heater configured correctly(I think correctly anyway) in order to shut off if too hot, what I'm working on now is trying to get my ATO to shut off If the water goes above my optical sensor OS-1 in my FMM. I've got the ATO plugged into Outlet 3 on the energy bar 4 of my Apex jr., but I'm not seeing where I can configure the optical sensor to shut off that outlet. The FMM came with the LDK package, and I've got the leak probes set up to email me if they get wet. Also I'd like to set up SMS alerts, paired with each email alert, but I'm having trouble adding an output from my Fusion dashboard, if that makes sense.

Check out the video on the getting started page of the ATK or LDK. That will show you how to get to the FMM configuration to change the optical from water on floor or auto detect into optical if you haven't already.

The configuration doesn't need a new outlet. It will actually go in outlet 3 where you have the pump plugged in. I dont have a clear picture of your ATO setup to provide the "advanced" code for it. Is it a standalone ATO that you want the optical to "supervise" or are you doing your own ATO with a pump and an optical sensor?

New User
    Check out the video on the getting started page of the ATK or LDK. That will show you how to get to the FMM configuration to change the optical from water on floor or auto detect into optical if you haven't already.

The configuration doesn't need a new outlet. It will actually go in outlet 3 where you have the pump plugged in. I dont have a clear picture of your ATO setup to provide the "advanced" code for it. Is it a standalone ATO that you want the optical to "supervise" or are you doing your own ATO with a pump and an optical sensor?

That sounds like a good plan. As for the ATO, it is a Tunze Osmolator (already has a float switch and optical sensor), and so I want it to be case where the the backup optical sensor (the Apex one) is placed higher than both of the Tunze sensors, and will supervise them and shut off the Tunze if it fails on and keeps dumping water into the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorg View Post
    That sounds like a good plan. As for the ATO, it is a Tunze Osmolator (already has a float switch and optical sensor), and so I want it to be case where the the backup optical sensor (the Apex one) is placed higher than both of the Tunze sensors, and will supervise them and shut off the Tunze if it fails on and keeps dumping water into the tank.

Then the code you want is this. Replace my generic switch name with whatever you named yours.

Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If Optical CLOSED Then OFF

Also throw this line in your email so you know when there is a problem with the ATO

If Optical CLOSED Then ON

New User
    Then the code you want is this. Replace my generic switch name with whatever you named yours.

Fallback ON
    Set ON

Also throw this line in your email so you know when there is a problem with the ATO

Excellent, thank you! I appreciate the help!

zombie, I don't know much about the Jr - Can others be authorized to manage and program it remotely, as you can with the 2016? Might be an option if someone has a trusted friend also running an Apex.

Quote Originally Posted by rkpetersen View Post
    zombie, I don't know much about the Jr - Can others be authorized to manage and program it remotely, as you can with the 2016? Might be an option if someone has a trusted friend also running an Apex.
    Yes. You can do that for any model apex that is connected to fusion. The one caveat is that pre 2016 apexes you don't have access to things like module setup, season tables, probe setup, etc. from Fusion. Those can only be accessed remotely using http port forwarding.

The one caveat is that pre 2016 apexes you don't have access to things like module setup, season tables, probe setup, etc. from Fusion.
    How do you access the season table in Fusion? I don't see it there so I've been going to Apex Local to make adjustments.

Frequent Contributor
    You can only get to the season table and the Load/Save feature in Apex Local under the Misc page. It is not available in Fusion.
    Jon

New User

Fallback ON
    Set ON

I think my last question (at least for now), is, How do I want the programming for the FMM? Right now it is on advanced and set to OFF. I think that everything works with it like this, but it seems like it should be set to ON...

Otherwise I think that I've got everything else set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorg View Post
    I think my last question (at least for now), is, How do I want the programming for the FMM? Right now it is on advanced and set to OFF. I think that everything works with it like this, but it seems like it should be set to ON...

Otherwise I think that I've got everything else set up.

If you mean the 24V port on the FMM, that should be off until you plug something into it to use.

New User
    Ah that is what I meant. Thanks! Looks like I'm all set up.