Thread: Assistance with Ozone Program

Regular Vistor

Assistance with Ozone Program

I would like to program an ozone generator to run for 15 minutes out of every hour. If I use the standard ORP program to turn the ozone generator on when ORP < a certain value and off when ORP > the high value, the ORP shoots up quicker than I would really like. In short, the generator is putting out more ozone than I need even on the lowest setting so I need to limit the run time. I've used an OSC statement to do this which works nicely but I can't figure out how to incorporate the low on setting into my program.

Here's what I have now which works fine with the exception of including the low ORP range:

[Ozone]
    Fallback OFF
    OSC 000:00/015:00/045:00 Then ON
    If ORP > 380 Then OFF
    If Output AirPump = OFF Then OFF
    If Output Skimmer = OFF Then OFF

If I incorporate a statement in my Ozone outlet such as If ORP < 360 Then ON, it overrides my OSC statement and turns the outlet on. If I do the same with a virtual outlet, it will override the OSC statement as well. What I'd really like to do is have the outlet on for 15 minutes every hour but only if the ORP is < 360. I also need it to turn off if ORP > 380. I've tried a number of virtual outlet options to no avail.

Is this even possible or is it just best to tweak my OSC statement to keep my ORP in check and include the OFF statement at the high range?

Thanks

You could replace your OSC with this virtual outlet and that should do the trick.

If ORP > 360 Then OFF
    Min Time 015:00 Then ON

This will allow the virtual outlet to turn on for 15 minutes each hour if the ORP is below 360, but the 380 statement in the actual outlet itself will shorten the 15 minutes in the event it rises too quickly.

I would also recommend adding a defer then off statement (actual time value may need some playing around with) so it doesn't short cycle as the value is near 380. I would probably start with a minute or two and see how that works.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks, Zombie

That doesn't seem to be doing the trick but I could be doing something wrong (output doesn't switch on when I expect it to at the top of the hour).

I am wondering if the ORP control needs to be in the same outlet; if you use the "out of the box" configuration using the ORP controller outlet type in the UI you get this:

Fallback OFF
    If ORP > 380 Then OFF
    If ORP < 360 Then ON

Here's what I have now (I'll play with defer later)

[vOzoneOn]
    If ORP > 360 Then OFF
    Min Time 015:00 Then ON

[Ozone]
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Output vOzoneOn = ON Then ON
    If ORP > 380 Then OFF
    If Output Skimmer = OFF Then OFF
    If Output AirPump = OFF Then OFF

Code looks right to me. Was the ORP above 360 at the top of the hour? If it's not, but gets below that within 15 minutes it will delay the 15 min on time. If it stays above 360 for the entire 15 minute interval, it won't turn on at all that hour.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    That was it. The ORP was greater than 360 at the top of the hour when I expected the ozone to turn on. I bumped it up so the range is narrower and it works fine.