Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TRIDENT only for the new Apex models ?

Regular Vistor

TRIDENT only for the new Apex models ?

Has anyone heard any news about if this future new release (Trident) will be able to use on Apex classic ? I did watch one video that now has me questioning APEX Loyalty to older customers . As the guy said everyone will need to go buy new Apex for the Trident, in his words '' it's time for everyone to get the Newer Models '' i know hearing that really made me think how greedy of a company would be to turn on its original base . Would like to hear everyone thoughts here's the vid I watched ,

Apex I have road with you and I hope you make it so EVERYONE can continue . Don't make us buy all new equipment at hundreds of dollars just to buy Trident !

https://youtu.be/xpA_mHqZOnw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was confirmed at MACNA that it will not be compatible with classic, lite, or jr. models

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    It was confirmed at MACNA that it will not be compatible with classic, lite, or jr. models

Yep that's where the vid was from , was hoping I had it wrong . That's a huge bummer for many ppl . What happen to Apex keeping everything classic compatible Can't see me getting this anytime soon since I'd have to kick out 800.00 for new ,plus extra energy bars , just to pay 5-600.00 for the new Trident . Ashame I was looking forward to this . Don't they have the same Op system in them

TRIDENT 2018 only for the new Apex models ?

There is official FAQ about the Trident. Part of that explains why the Trident cannot work with Apex Classics. https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...38-Trident-FAQ
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    There is official FAQ about the Trident. Part of that explains why the Trident cannot work with Apex Classics. https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...38-Trident-FAQ
    Thanks you for the link w/ the info , I still feel they are leaving behind most there base as something can &could be done . It's just Mumbo joumbo crap trying to force ppl to spend more money because they know many will .though I enjoy Apex before I seen this video I now think differently . I'm sure I am not the only one feeling that way

Frequent Visitor
    The old energy bars work on new apex so basically you can buy the apex head. Heard Neptune is going to make it available soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzy View Post
    The old energy bars work on new apex so basically you can buy the apex head. Heard Neptune is going to make it available soon

Is the Head all you need ? That would work out good and meet everyone in the middle (the ones with Classics) hopefully that's the case . The Link Russ sent me was hinting towards they didn't want to break the kits up do to demand for em Lol

Frequent Visitor
    Yes all you need is the head. They don't have just head available cause of demand but they will soon

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase_Dreams View Post
    Has anyone heard any news about if this future new release (Trident) will be able to use on Apex classic ? I did watch one video that now has me questioning APEX Loyalty to older customers . As the guy said everyone will need to go buy new Apex for the Trident, in his words '' it's time for everyone to get the Newer Models '' i know hearing that really made me think how greedy of a company would be to turn on its original base . Would like to hear everyone thoughts here's the vid I watched ,

Apex I have road with you and I hope you make it so EVERYONE can continue . Don't make us buy all new equipment at hundreds of dollars just to buy Trident !

https://youtu.be/xpA_mHqZOnw

A comment / video I saw from Trident stated that the computing / data requirement to process Trident input data
    .is just Beyond the Clasic or Jr. Capacity....

They just cant handle the Horsepower..

Every one is kinda hoping ..urging Neptune to introduce some kind of special Up grade program..
    That makes sense..but who knows?
    I know it is a bummer being Denied this break thru product...
    But....

G B

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

I don’t think they are leaving anyone behind or abandoning their previous customer base. It’s a matter of keeping up with innovations in the hobby.

Everyone was told that new modules may not work with the classic.

Regular Vistor
    Reeffish I have been researching a lot past two days on differences of the two and only thing I can conclude is the newer has 1link and able to see if each outlet is drawing power . That's not exactly a big jump in technology from classic to the new one . Not enough for me to agree that Apex couldn't make it work on both . Or like the one guy (sorry can't remember) stated above if Apex will start selling the head for the new , that will show me that they at least try to not force people to buy a whole new kit .

Frequent Visitor
    Reeffish I have been researching a lot past two days on differences of the two and only thing I can conclude is the newer has 1link and able to see if each outlet is drawing power . That's not exactly a big jump in technology from classic to the new one . Not enough for me to agree that Apex couldn't make it work on both .
    the new apex has a newer, faster processor and more (and probably faster) memory

so yes, it does make sense that if the trident needs more processing power, that the apex 2016 can handle it while the classic can't.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikserk View Post
    the new apex has a newer, faster processor and more (and probably faster) memory

so yes, it does make sense that if the trident needs more processing power, that the apex 2016 can handle it while the classic can't.
    Where does it say this at ? I thought it was all web based I think you are wrong about memory , if I am I would like to see the differences between processors ,classic is pretty fast I turn a switch on and it has split second delay . If it's web based then there's no reason why classic can't be used . They still sell them brand new right ? So why sell them and make them still ? If your gonna use a holy grail Trident as a scape goat

Frequent Visitor
    Web base programming doesn't mean that all logic is done by the webserver. The new apex does have faster processor from their initial press release.

Where does it say this at ? I thought it was all web based I think you are wrong about memory , if I am I would like to see the differences between processors ,classic is pretty fast I turn a switch on and it has split second delay . If it's web based then there's no reason why classic can't be used . They still sell them brand new right ? So why sell them and make them still ? If your gonna use a holy grail Trident as a scape goat

All of the logic is done on the apex base unit itself. The webserver is just a user friendly interface for programming and viewing. Fusion doesn't do any of the automatic actions or processing.

Frequent Visitor
    Where does it say this at ?
    I have seen no marketing material that dives this deep into the specs of the apex 2016, but it was given as a reason (by Neptune) as to why the EB832 was not compatible with the classic. I guess it comes done to this.....do you really think Neptune Systems based their new apex 2016 on a processor and memory from 2009 (when the apex classic originally launched) or before?

classic is pretty fast I turn a switch on and it has split second delay
    this "split second delay" is a function of the 1-second cycle time of the operating systems. once per second, the processor checks input states and runs the programs of outputs. In the case of the EB832 and the trident, neptune is telling us that the amount of data streaming off those modules is too much for the classic's processor/memory to process within that 1-second cycle (more or less). Does the apex 2016's faster processor result in outlets turning on/off faster? probably a bit. but the bigger improvement is in crunching all the data coming from the various modules (trident included).

If it's web based then there's no reason why classic can't be used .
    I would say that it has a web interface. not that its web based. The internal processor is what is responsible for flipping outlets on/off and reading the state of inputs/probes, not the web server on board or fusion in the cloud.

Frequent Visitor
    Just think of all the liability if their fusion ever went down and all logic is process on the web.

Regular Vistor
    I have seen no marketing material that dives this deep into the specs of the apex 2016, but it was given as a reason (by Neptune) as to why the EB832 was not compatible with the classic. I guess it comes done to this.....do you really think Neptune Systems based their new apex 2016 on a processor and memory from 2009 (when the apex classic originally launched) or before?

this "split second delay" is a function of the 1-second cycle time of the operating systems. once per second, the processor checks input states and runs the programs of outputs. In the case of the EB832 and the trident, neptune is telling us that the amount of data streaming off those modules is too much for the classic's processor/memory to process within that 1-second cycle (more or less). Does the apex 2016's faster processor result in outlets turning on/off faster? probably a bit. but the bigger improvement is in crunching all the data coming from the various modules (trident included).

I would say that it has a web interface. not that its web based. The internal processor is what is responsible for flipping outlets on/off and reading the state of inputs/probes, not the web server on board or fusion in the cloud.
    That's a pretty good break down , this is what I want to know I really would like Apexto come out

Regular Vistor

Sorry finger hit send . That's a nice break down . I understand it has some memory but I don't think it needs a lot of memory . It's not storing movies or videos , and I'm not positive but as far as Classics still having 2009 technology , they still make them and sell them at all the big saltwater retailers , im pretty sure they are about even with processors and memory between 2016 Apex and say a new Classic model from BRS . Don't hold me to that but it only makes sense if they are still making them that they would have same insides as Apex 2016 .

I'd really like to know what's under the hood on all the models . As far as web based . I'm pretty sure most is web based and once you change a setting it just programs to the Apex and runs a loop from there ,besides the refreshing every second or how ever long it is . So really they don't really need much memory . Still doesn't make sense to me why they would still be making &selling the classic when 6 -12 months from now mods will be coming out not even compatible to em . Im sure I'll be buying a 2016 just for Trident but doesn't mean I gotta Love the company . Just means I'm stuck until better comes along I'm hoping Apex just starts selling the head . Rather spend my money on better things than buying stuff I already had , we'll see since many companies are bringing their ''A'' game as far as Alk monitors

It's not storing movies or videos , and I'm not positive but as far as Classics still having 2009 technology , they still make them and sell them at all the big saltwater retailers , im pretty sure they are about even with processors and memory between 2016 Apex and say a new Classic model from BRS . Don't hold me to that but it only makes sense if they are still making them that they would have same insides as Apex 2016 .
    Not true. The classics being sold now have roughly the same insides as when released in 2009. There have been some changes since 2009 (have no idea how many, and most are probably cosmetic like labels) but not on overall architecture or processing capability considering firmware and specs are unchanged between a 2017 manufactured classic and a 2009. Most definately the insides of a 2016 vs a classic aren't even close.

Regular Vistor
    Not true. The classics being sold now have roughly the same insides as when released in 2009. There have been some changes since 2009 (have no idea how many, and most are probably cosmetic like labels) but not on overall architecture or processing capability considering firmware and specs are unchanged between a 2017 manufactured classic and a 2009. Most definately the insides of a 2016 vs a classic aren't even close.

How do you know if you can't find the specs anywhere

Frequent Visitor
    They don't even run the same codes just same web interface.

How do you know if you can't find the specs anywhere

Because if the architecture changed there would be different firmwares for different "versions" of the classic. It's possible that units manufactured later have more memory but that would just be conjecture. I would assume if they did add more power to later manufactured units, they would have marketed it as such to get people to "upgrade".

One thing we are certain of is that both the operating system and processing and memory capabilities are not the same between the classic and 2016.

Regular Vistor
    Because if the architecture changed there would be different firmwares for different "versions" of the classic. It's possible that units manufactured later have more memory but that would just be conjecture. I would assume if they did add more power to later manufactured units, they would have marketed it as such to get people to "upgrade".

One thing we are certain of is that both the operating system and processing and memory capabilities are not the same between the classic and 2016.

That ain't true why would you need a different firmware say if they added a higher memory cap. 2009 until now 2017 where ever they are buying there parts for the classic ,those companies also modernize and offer better options at cheaper prices you are talking about 8 year gap . I don't see how certain you can be if there is NO Specs provided , I'm not talking about op. System I'm talking about the hardware not software

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzy View Post
    They don't even run the same codes just same web interface.

This doesn't prove anything

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast