Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TRIDENT only for the new Apex models ?

Frequent Visitor
    All this negativity towards Neptune Systems is unsubstantiated. From day one they have been upfront and honest about their products. The trident is by far the lowest priced option for measuring Alk Cal and Mag. All the other competitors are charging from $800 to 1,000’s just for alkalinity. No logging or controlling functionality. What has Neptune done for it to be under attack? Every piece of electronic equipment we own has to eventually be upgraded. Most don’t even have the same computer from 2009. Nevertheless, we rely on our Apex much more than we do our home computer, and it has functioned and continues to function near flawlessly. The price of our aquarium equipment is a result of supply and demand. If you want the Apex, or Ecotech, or Tunze, or Royal exclusive to be cheaper, we must introduce more people into the hobby. Until these companies can sell aquarium equipment like Apple and Samsung sell phones, they will be more expensive. I understand the economics of this hobby is hard for many to swallow, nevertheless, it’s not fair for an honest company to face a barrage of insults for bringing revolutionary products to there customers.

🤦*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by daquan44 View Post
    All this negativity towards Neptune Systems is unsubstantiated. From day one they have been upfront and honest about their products. The trident is by far the lowest priced option for measuring Alk Cal and Mag. All the other competitors are charging from $800 to 1,000’s just for alkalinity. No logging or controlling functionality. What has Neptune done for it to be under attack? Every piece of electronic equipment we own has to eventually be upgraded. Most don’t even have the same computer from 2009. Nevertheless, we rely on our Apex much more than we do our home computer, and it has functioned and continues to function near flawlessly. The price of our aquarium equipment is a result of supply and demand. If you want the Apex, or Ecotech, or Tunze, or Royal exclusive to be cheaper, we must introduce more people into the hobby. Until these companies can sell aquarium equipment like Apple and Samsung sell phones, they will be more expensive. I understand the economics of this hobby is hard for many to swallow, nevertheless, it’s not fair for an honest company to face a barrage of insults for bringing revolutionary products to there customers.
    Well said. But I also agree that Neptune should have some sort of upgrade program for those who have invested in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by alexatho View Post
    Well said. But I also agree that Neptune should have some sort of upgrade program for those who have invested in classic.
    Considering the cost of the apex 2016 ($800) vs the typical resale value of a used classic (about 400-450 on my local reefclubs board), there is always the option of upgrading and selling your classic, which can be net neutral if you plan on adding conductivity and devices that would require a 1link otherwise. It appeared that head units on their own might be coming down the line when supply can exceed demand, but simply selling the old unit and upgrading might come out cheaper even if that happens.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Well if you want the newest then you have to pay. You don't see your car manufacturer offering you a upgrade program. Or anything else you buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzy View Post
    Well if you want the newest then you have to pay. You don't see your car manufacturer offering you a upgrade program. Or anything else you buy.

You Can't compare to that . You are forgetting that they are still making and selling the classic version NEW . This seems to be the case on this Thread as if all classics are used controllers flowing around . NOT the case . I'd like others to chime in besides Apex Testers ,as this back and forth assuming just is a waste of time .

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by daquan44 View Post
    Appreciate the response but For me this isn't about Money . It's about company Loyalty , and sorry but if I watch a video of the Owner saying '' it's time for everyone to switch to the New Apex '' when they are still making and selling NEW classics , when in the past they said they wouldn't leave the classic users behind , it make me question their Loyalty . I not once said anything about any other companies that's a whole different topic that I'm not trying to get into

Frequent Visitor
    What's the to argue? They stated new modules may not work with classic. All existing modules are working. If you want the new modules you'll need to go to the new head. They stated that.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzy View Post
    What's the to argue? They stated new modules may not work with classic. All existing modules are working. If you want the new modules you'll need to go to the new head. They stated that.

What's to argue ? Maybe you was beta testing some Apex gear when they said they won't leave behind Classic users ? Since your views are strictly pro Apex can you also explain why they are selling them as New ? When the owner clearly said it's time for everyone to get the New versions ? Try to step back and clearly look at this with a unbiased view and you might see the argument in it

Frequent Visitor
    So let’s call an Apex system what it really is – a computer. Roll the clock back a bit and remember when you might have had a 286 with a 40MB drive and 4 MB ram. You ran Multimate, Lotus 123, and dBase III+. Everything worked well. Now fast forward a few years and early Windows appeared along with a host of Windows apps. You suddenly realized that the $2000 286 system no longer ran the newest software. The only good news was that the replacement Pentium system cost a few hundred dollars less than the 286 and you got more capability. Programs got bigger and if you were lucky you could add an additional internal hard drive, more memory, and a faster and more powerful processor. As that computer aged, you started to see new peripherals that were USB only. You knew that your computer did not have USB or the resources to run the new peripherals. If you wanted to use the latest peripherals you purchased a new PC.

I think you should know where I’m going with this. If you want to use the latest and greatest Apex peripherals, you will need to upgrade your system sooner or later.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesreich View Post
    So let’s call an Apex system what it really is – a computer. Roll the clock back a bit and remember when you might have had a 286 with a 40MB drive and 4 MB ram. You ran Multimate, Lotus 123, and dBase III+. Everything worked well. Now fast forward a few years and early Windows appeared along with a host of Windows apps. You suddenly realized that the $2000 286 system no longer ran the newest software. The only good news was that the replacement Pentium system cost a few hundred dollars less than the 286 and you got more capability. Programs got bigger and if you were lucky you could add an additional internal hard drive, more memory, and a faster and more powerful processor. As that computer aged, you started to see new peripherals that were USB only. You knew that your computer did not have USB or the resources to run the new peripherals. If you wanted to use the latest peripherals you purchased a new PC.

I think you should know where I’m going with this. If you want to use the latest and greatest Apex peripherals, you will need to upgrade your system sooner or later.
    Bingo

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesreich View Post

But in reality it is not a computer, you don't have options to buy additional memory or Ram , So let's call it more of what it is which would be a router/modem with outlets ?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase_Dreams View Post
    But in reality it is not a computer, you don't have options to buy additional memory or Ram , So let's call it more of what it is which would be a router/modem with outlets ?
    and what is a router?.....a computer!

Frequent Visitor
    But in reality it is not a computer, you don't have options to buy additional memory or Ram
    do you believe that a smartphone is a computer? you can't just pop in new RAM and a processor into those, yet they are still somehow a computer....

It's actually much closer to a PLC (programmable logic controller) used in commercial industry, which just like the apex don't let you upgrade processing, ram, or use custom software. Both allow custom programming, input processing, output control, and view status but apex is waaay cheaper. PLCs are like 5 times the cost.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikserk View Post
    and what is a router?.....a computer!
    🤣🤣 funny joke I'm done wasting time with the rhetoric . Let's call it Mickey Mouse . The Point is ... Many Apex users are classic owners and how they handle this transit will tell a lot about the Company. If they Make Classic users buy the 2016 kit just to be able to own And use Trident it will indeed cost more than the other companies KH monitors as theirs are stand alones and This one is Not . Don't get me wrong I really enjoy Apex and have just about everything they offer but on the classic base , but I will call out a company if I think it is leaning towards the greed , im NOT a beta apex tester and I'm free to speak ! It will be interesting when Trident comes out forsure

I agree. too many negative Nancys... if you cant afford it then go with a cheaper controller... I had the classic for less than a year and yeah i was somewhat aggravated to see a new one come out but isn't this the same with every PC and Phone out there... the minute a new IPhone comes out what does everyone do?? run and spend $800 on the newest phone.. If Neptune doesn't come out with the newer systems then they will go out of business and then what.. Some people don't know how to do anything but complain. Geeze do like the rest of us and order the new one and sell the classic and move on.. Stop wanting something for nothing.. and no I'm not buds with Neptune or even on the NSI team.. just another guy with a tank thats had his share of issues with the apex but not unlike any other device out there. Just like with EVERY thing I've ever purchased it eventually becomes outdated and a newer one becomes available and it has fancier features and gadgets. thats the way it works... and no amount of complaining is going to change it and definitely not going to just send you a free upgrade bc you don't like the fact they come out with a newer system. Every 2-3 years i end up purchasing a newer PC.. Why? because its newer and faster.. 2 or 3 years from now they will have a newer apex and i along with many others will purchase it.. why? bc we want the newer and faster apex.. and just as important, because we WANT the company to stay in business! you think they do all this for free??? Bottom line is they are a company here to make money just like any other and if you want them to stay in business then purchases their equipment if not then go with a cheaper system.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by joenla View Post
    I agree. too many negative Nancys... if you cant afford it then go with a cheaper controller... I had the classic for less than a year and yeah i was somewhat aggravated to see a new one come out but isn't this the same with every PC and Phone out there... the minute a new IPhone comes out what does everyone do?? run and spend $800 on the newest phone.. If Neptune doesn't come out with the newer systems then they will go out of business and then what.. Some people don't know how to do anything but complain. Geeze do like the rest of us and order the new one and sell the classic and move on.. Stop wanting something for nothing.. and no I'm not buds with Neptune or even on the NSI team.. just another guy with a tank thats had his share of issues with the apex but not unlike any other device out there. Just like with EVERY thing I've ever purchased it eventually becomes outdated and a newer one becomes available and it has fancier features and gadgets. thats the way it works... and no amount of complaining is going to change it and definitely not going to just send you a free upgrade bc you don't like the fact they come out with a newer system. Every 2-3 years i end up purchasing a newer PC.. Why? because its newer and faster.. 2 or 3 years from now they will have a newer apex and i along with many others will purchase it.. why? bc we want the newer and faster apex.. and just as important, because we WANT the company to stay in business! you think they do all this for free??? Bottom line is they are a company here to make money just like any other and if you want them to stay in business then purchases their equipment if not then go with a cheaper system.
    Wow emotions flying high in this one hey buddy relax no one said anything had to be free but companies should be accountable ? And try not to compare to a phone or PC ! IT IS NOT NEITHER! It doesn't need much memory when most is web based !how hard is that to understand

Wow emotions flying high in this one hey buddy relax no one said anything had to be free but companies should be accountable ? And try not to compare to a phone or PC ! IT IS NOT NEITHER! It doesn't need much memory when most is web based !how hard is that to understand

Memory has nothing to do with it being web based. Fusion doesn't store information, it reads information from the apex.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Memory has nothing to do with it being web based. Fusion doesn't store information, it reads information from the apex.

It doesn't store the graphs ? Are you sure of this I believe fusion stores all the test NOT the controller, also Fusion just sends the code to the controller so how much memory does one controller need ? I'm betting they have very little memory and this is why they don't have the specs out there

Dude seriously your a whiner... keep pretending its not about money as if you wouldn't do the same exact thing if you owned the company. Everything is about the money... in your case you cant afford it then maybe you need to look into something cheaper but for those of us that want a decent controller we will stick with it. Yeah i believe in holding companies accountable for their product but all your doing is complaining. They were straight up and honest with everything from the very beginning. I expect this controller to last another 2-3 years and then a newer one will come out with devices that work only on the newer controller. Thats the way it works... stop acting like a child..

It doesn't store the graphs ? Are you sure of this I believe fusion stores all the test NOT the controller, also Fusion just sends the code to the controller so how much memory does one controller need ? I'm betting they have very little memory and this is why they don't have the specs out there

The apex holds all the graphs, programming, logs, etc. The only thing that fusion might store is notes and calender (though these could also be on the controller itself).

New User
    Can someone in neptune please confirm when the head unit will be available in the USA please and what will the price be.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by joenla View Post
    Dude seriously your a whiner... keep pretending its not about money as if you wouldn't do the same exact thing if you owned the company. Everything is about the money... in your case you cant afford it then maybe you need to look into something cheaper but for those of us that want a decent controller we will stick with it. Yeah i believe in holding companies accountable for their product but all your doing is complaining. They were straight up and honest with everything from the very beginning. I expect this controller to last another 2-3 years and then a newer one will come out with devices that work only on the newer controller. Thats the way it works... stop acting like a child..
    Listen only whiner is you attacking on a personal level 🤣 I can Afford it thanks for your concern though No I do not want to spend in something I already have . As I said in earlier post (you should try to read them ) it's more about Loyalty then money which is the truth . Are you calling me a liar because you offer not one intelligent response? Just personal jabs ?

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The apex holds all the graphs, programming, logs, etc. The only thing that fusion might store is notes and calender (though these could also be on the controller itself).

Really? Thanks for that info . Do you know how much memory they hold or No ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast