Thread: ATK going crazey

New User

ATK going crazey

So I just purchased a new ATK. I am currently using it in standalone mode until I get an apex controller when tax returns come around. So I just got it all set up, according to the getting started, I plugged it in, and the led started immediately blue. A few seconds later, the pump started humming. A few seconds after that, water started spraying from the QD adapter on the pump. I unplugged it, took the water line from the QD adapter, and reconnected it, pushing it firmly into the adapter. I then plugged it back in. once again, the led glowed blue, and a few seconds later the pump whirred back on again. This time it only leaked from the adapter instead of spraying several feet in the air. I let it go, to see what happened. The pump ran for a few minutes, while water dripped from under the float valve. Eventually, the led turned green again, but the pump sounded like it was still running. it went on like this, with water still leaking from both ends for several minutes, until finally the led blinked red, and I unplugged it. so... my concerns.

1 the leaking QD adapter
    2 the pump staying on for so long after green light
    3 it kinda looked like the float valve was closed and it was just leaking. there wasn't much flow going in
    4 the error message

any ideas

Frequent Visitor
    As far as the adapter goes I know it has that hole so it doesn’t syphon back into the reservoir. Turn it around so the water shoots downward . As far as 2,3,&4 go I can’t really help because I’ve never run it on its own

New User
    Are you talking about the check valve? I'm talking about the piece that fits on to the plastic output tube on the pump itself, and then has the QD end for the water line. its 3/8 on one end to fit on the pump and 1/4 on the other to fit the water line. The water is isn't coming out of a hole, its actually coming out around the top of the fitting itself, around the water line, like its still loose or something. But I pushed it in as hard as I could, it wont go in any farther.

Regular Vistor
    Try pulling the fitting back so that there is a space between the collar and the fitting. That should seat the fitting. If that doesn't work you may have a bad fitting. Don't know about standalone operation.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk