Thread: Transferring Display from Classic to 2016

Former User

Transferring Display from Classic to 2016

I am in the process of transferring my system from a Classic to the 2016 base unit but retaining the EB6 as the EB832 not available in UK

I now have the 2016 unit set up and linked to Fusion along side by Classic which is still running.

I acquired the 2016 Base unit secondhand but the previous owner as not reset to clear his information.

I know that I can carry out a reset through the display unit.

Do I just unplug the Display from my Classic base unit and plug into 2016 unit?

Also is there anything else I need to do to get the display unit working on the 2016 unit?

I presumably can then just use the reset facility in the display unit to reset the 2016 unit?

This will presumably not affect anything in the Classic unit.?

I would suggest resetting the Apex 2016 to factory before plugging in your display unit.

See the getting started guide here: https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/apexng/

Expand the section titled "Reset" and look at the last entry for a factory reset. From there you can follow the getting started guide to configure your new Apex.

Former User
    Hi and thanks for the advice. I have already plugged it into the 2016 unit but have since removed and put back in Classic.

I would prefer to reset from the display and moved over. Is that going to cause a problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    I would suggest resetting the Apex 2016 to factory before plugging in your display unit.

See the getting started guide here: https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/apexng/

Expand the section titled "Reset" and look at the last entry for a factory reset. From there you can follow the getting started guide to configure your new Apex.

Ok, so you'd rather configure the display on the 2016, then reset using it instead of just resetting by holding down a button? I'm honestly not sure if you can reset an Apex 2016 from the display, as there's literally a button designed to do it. But sure, give it a try and let us know how it goes!

Former User
    Hi and thanks once again for your help. I have taken your advice and reset with button and now have blue light which I believe is correct. Now can't connect to Local !! I have also noticed that the Apex 2016 is still linked to Fusion and showing all the previous owners info. Will this not disappear and rest till get reconnected ?

Are you setting up wireless or wired? If wireless are you connected to the Apex base units wifi network for initial setup?

Former User
    Wireless and yes I have connected wirelessly to Apex base unit.
    I have just sent a message to Support and as i was doing that I tried to get into local through an IP address and despite trying for 2/3 hrs this time it worked.
    Unfortunately its showing none of the previous owners setup as been removed.
    Very frustrating

- - - Updated - - -

Heres some screen shots showing the set up still there
    Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 14.42.35.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-07 at 14.42.24.png

Are you sure you completed the factory reset?

• To initialize the Apex to factory settings press and hold the button for at least 30 seconds. The Apex status light will go from Orange> Green> Orange> Blue (same color sequence as WiFi access mode)

Former User
    I am as sure as I can be. I have done it on more than one occasion. When you say press and hold the button you do mean putting a paper clip in the hole, pressing and holding. The Start guide says 20 seconds but I think I did hold for 30 secs and each time it ends on Blue and I have had the pain of trying to get it reconnected to Local which I have now managed to do. I have attached temp probe and its working OK but it would be far better if I could get rid of those old settings.

Yeah, if you're sure you're getting the factory reset correct and the old data isn't clearing you're probably best waiting on support to get back with you. I'm sure they'll clear it up. I reset mine several times when I was initially configuring/testing and it always worked fine, but it might be a bug with the version of code you're on.

Former User
    Yes I already have had a reply from Support who requested a text file from Apex.Local, Waiting for a response. Thanks very much for your help.

Former User
    All sorted just as simple as holding the reset for 60 seconds and not the 20 seconds that appears in all the documentation or the 30 that you had suggested. Thanks to Jon at Neptune Support for that advice. Just a pity the documentation is not correct in the first place as it would have saved me many hours of messing around. Anyway onwards and upwards. Thanks once again for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Yeah, if you're sure you're getting the factory reset correct and the old data isn't clearing you're probably best waiting on support to get back with you. I'm sure they'll clear it up. I reset mine several times when I was initially configuring/testing and it always worked fine, but it might be a bug with the version of code you're on.