Thread: Lost everything on my APEX

New User

Lost everything on my APEX

I don’t know what happened. I have a complicated setup with many modules. Everything is gone. All programming even the names I set for probes.

My question is is their a backup somewhere? Pumps not working lights not coming on. I have a wonderful day if no backup.

Brett

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    I see you have a classic, so a backup would be something that you would have made via the configuration menu and Load/Save option. First though, what is the state of your modules and the Apex base unit? Does everything show a green status light? Also, I assume you have a display module (the little one with the arrow buttons) and does this have any information on it? Is it working normally and can you see any of your outlets etc if push the center button and select manual control?

Did you do anything prior to this happening like a firmware update? What version of FW are you on?

Sorry for all the questions, but we have a little trouble helping if all we get is "Lost everything on my Apex". It may be a simple fix that doesn't require an entire reload of your programming. If you didn't save it as described above then you may be looking at reprogramming, but we will see when we get more info from you.
    Chad

New User
    First though, what is the state of your modules and the Apex base unit?
    --- All unit have green lights. I powered everything down and back up (no changes)

Does everything show a green status light?
    ---Yes

Also, I assume you have a display module (the little one with the arrow buttons) and does this have any information on it?

--- Nothing out of the normal

Is it working normally and can you see any of your outlets etc if push the center button and select manual control?
    --- It appears I can navigate the menus on the base unit. I almost always use FUSION Web and that seems to display the status of everything but all programming is gone.

Did you do anything prior to this happening like a firmware update? What version of FW are you on?
    --- Apex Classic: Serial number AC4:12337 Firmware 4.52_5A17

Sorry for all the questions, but we have a little trouble helping if all we get is "Lost everything on my Apex". It may be a simple fix that doesn't require an entire reload of your programming. If you didn't save it as described above then you may be looking at reprogramming, but we will see when we get more info from you.
    --- I am pretty technical. Nothing changed in my network or stuff around here. I am noticing that it says that the unit is disconnecting from FUSION a lot. So I am thinking a hardware problem?

This caused one of my tanks to get to 95 degrees F so that was a big problem. I have a reef tank that has thousands so I kind of care if things go out.

So I am mobile now typing on my little phone lol. Your display unit shows all of your normal outlets? That's a good thing. Can you access the Apex classic dash?
    Chad

New User
    It seems to be speaking to Fusion. But I can't access it via IP. If I try to connect directly to the UNIT it will present the Logon Screen. Then it throws a 404 in the browser. So it appears it is kind of working? I haven't tried to logon to the direct unit in maybe a year.

New User
    I take that back it doesn’t seem to be taking to Fusion either now. Last update at 1:10 am.

Quote Originally Posted by bfmsoft View Post
    I take that back it doesn’t seem to be taking to Fusion either now. Last update at 1:10 am.

Navigate via the display module to the system menu, network settings. Look up your your ip address and port in that menu. Type your IP address and port in your browser address bar and see if you can get the classic dash up. The format is IP address then port separated by a colon. Make sure to clear your browser cache as well.
    Chad

New User
    I used the display to see the IP. I can't ping or attach to it. It says it can get to the APEX COMM OK. But there are no updates sense 1:10 am and I can't get logged onto it or ping in. I just checked my switch and the port sees to be working for the network cable.

Sounding like a router issue maybe. Possibly disconnect the Apex from your router and reboot/reset your router then reconnect your Apex and see if you can see it then. Once reconnected go back into the display and see if the same IP address port etc is still displayed.
    Chad

New User
    I can ping it but can't connect. I did System-> Init Memrory -> all now can ping but no display. What is your hot swap policy? I need a new one ASAP.

Frequent Visitor
    These forums are not monitored by Neptune personnel. You should contact their technical support. There is a link in above in Neptune Links

If your display’s backlight is there but otherwise blank, see this: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...creen-is-blank
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    If your display’s backlight is there but otherwise blank, see this: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...creen-is-blank
    But the web interface is locked which is what started this

Quote Originally Posted by bfmsoft View Post
    But the web interface is locked which is what started this

Use the apex browse utility to figure out the ip to connect to.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Try reloading the FW and the webpages ... if you can ping but get a 404 error ...

Frequent Visitor
    Yeah reload the web pages, and clear cache afterwards, i lost all my programming on a power outage, names, modules, adresses, everything, and what was worse is that i could not access the classic dashboard, after looking around this site, no one had an answer, so i decided to reload the web pages using the flash program by apex, then did a cache reset, and then i could access the classic dashboard (classic web page) again, luckily i had a save .bin file with all my programming, i just reloaded it, did a reset on controller, and let it do its job, i can take up to 10 minutes for everything to change, good luck