Thread: Atk not working

New User

Atk not working

So I am a newbie to Apex , atk not working light stays green all the time . Don't think I have set it up right nothing on my dashboard regarding ATK

Follow the directions in this video and post up any questions or issues you have after doing so.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/atk-help/

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    did everything in the video only thing I notice is its telling me ATK is off on the dashboard and both switches open . thanks for your help.

The ATK tile, set to auto, says OFF in the upper right except when it's actually pumping water. If a tile is actually missing, it might be in the hidden tiles section accessed through the lock at the upper right. Both switches will be open if neither is under water or if they're not connected to the FMM properly. You might also copy and paste your programming here so we can have a look at it.

New User
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Swx2_1 OPEN Then ON
    If Swx2_2 CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 005:00 Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

this is what I found

Does the pump outlet show that it is in AUTO or manual OFF? If the latter, that means that the pump ran for more than 5 minutes, at which time the When statement "lockout out" the pump from continuing to run. Get the water level up to normal level either by manually filling or temporarily removing the When statement with the outlet in AUTO. Once the water level is back to normal it is important to keep that line in there so you can be alerted to a problem and solve it before overfilling (Although I personally prefer an OSC based approach myself). The line you need to put in your email to be alerted when this happens is this.

If Error Outletname Then ON

New User
    no it is in Auto ,no the problem seems to be the pump it is not pumping from my reservoir to my sump. I have been topping it of by hand. is there a way to check and see if the Pmup pump works

Sure. First, turn the ATK output tile to ON. You should hear the pmup start and see water flowing out the end of the tubing. Turn the output tile back to AUTO. If there was no sound of a pump running, first check which module your pmup is plugged into, and make sure that the programming tile corresponds to the same module (EB832 vs FMM). Check the electrical connection again. Try turning it ON again, if still no sound, maybe the pmup is bad. If there's the sound of a pump working but no water flowing - pmup might be bad but make sure the water connection is ok, no tubing blockage, and also - how far over or up does the tubing have to run before getting to the sump?

Also the light always stays green with connected to Apex, it never turns blue, that's for standalone operation only.

New User
    OK THANKS So when I turn ATK output to on it pumps water and siphon break all works fine. so must be the sensor

Check the switch 1 sensor tile when the water level is definitely low. If it still says CLOSED, it's defective. I actually had one of these fail in the CLOSED state myself. If it says OPEN, the pump should start 10 seconds later (but only once an hour).

New User

ATK quit working

Help please. My ATK worked well until I was at work and the reservoir ran out of water. With the Neptune latest model said it would shut off after 5 min to prevent motor from burning out. Now the module just clicks and the pump does not kick on. Did it Burn it out? I just bought this kit so I will not be happy if it ended up burning out the motor. Is there anyway to check the motor?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie robinson View Post
    Help please. My ATK worked well until I was at work and the reservoir ran out of water. With the Neptune latest model said it would shut off after 5 min to prevent motor from burning out. Now the module just clicks and the pump does not kick on. Did it Burn it out? I just bought this kit so I will not be happy if it ended up burning out the motor. Is there anyway to check the motor?
    If you are running in apex connected mode with the default task programming, fill up the reservoir and then turn the outlet to manual ON. If the pump doesn't turn on it may be burnt out. If it does turn on, set the outlet back in AUTO and it should start running again.

If you are running in standalone mode, you need to power cycle the unit after the reservoir is refilled to let it start running again.

New User
    I manually turned it on with the apex and the module clicks but nothing from the pump. If they made this system to shut off the pump so it would not burn out and if it is I am upset that I have invested in this system over 2000 with all the moduales because of what they said and if this is the case I have thrown my money out the window. I have only had the ATK for a couple of months

When they Apex Works its outstanding but when you have a problem it sucks! I get it... That said I know this doesn't help any but we've all ordered things from time to time Apex and otherwise, that don't work Straight Out of the Box. Sounds like you got a bad pump. I am NOT trying to defend Neptune LOL I'm just saying it does happen it's even happened to me recently. If I were you I would contact Neptune because they are pretty good about getting things like this replaced pretty quickly. Better to get it called in now and start the process then wait till later and find out it is truly broken. If you troubleshoot it and find that it's not broken you can always cancel everything. That said have you tried just putting the pump and some water without the push connector or any tubing connected to it just to see if it kicks on and off? I can't imagine why the tubing or anything would matter but I would still disconnect everything and drop it in the water and manually turn it on just to see if it works or not. Even if its broken at least it’s the ATO and not a main pump. All you have to do is pour some water in it for the time being. Again I know that doesn’t help much with your issue.. sorry

Also don't quote me on this bc i'm not sure but I don't think it turns off after 5 mins. I believe thats just the programming of the outlet where you can set it to turn off after 5 mins (or whatever amount of time) but its not necessarily to keep it from burning up as it is to stop it from overfilling your tank (again i could be wrong). If it runs dry its not good for these pumps. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by joenla View Post
    Also don't quote me on this bc i'm not sure but I don't think it turns off after 5 mins. I believe thats just the programming of the outlet where you can set it to turn off after 5 mins (or whatever amount of time) but its not necessarily to keep it from burning up as it is to stop it from overfilling your tank (again i could be wrong). If it runs dry its not good for these pumps. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will chime in soon.
    I can confirm this as well. The purpose isn't to protect the pump from running dry and is not ideal for every situation. The reason for the 5 minute setting is that a pump running longer than that means there is a problem for the majority of users (I believe that was for tanks at or under 180 gallons if I recall correctly). For smaller tanks and/or small reservoirs that value may be much too large. The ideal value is to run it for a full day or two and make it 1.5 to 2 times the largest on time observed.