Thread: IceCap Module on Gyre XF250 - Low Flow on IceCap vs Maxspect Controller

Regular Vistor

IceCap Module on Gyre XF250 - Low Flow on IceCap vs Maxspect Controller

Hi all.

I have a pair of XF250's and a pair of IceCap Interface Modules. No matter what programming I try I can only get about half of the output using the IceCap modules as compared to what I get using the Maxspect controller. I'm using the single bidirectional caple from each module to my 2016 Apex.

Carlos @ CoralVue insisted that I must have the Gyres assembled wrong. I told him the Gyres work fine on the Maxspect controller, but not on the IceCap modules.

Anyone else have similar issues? Any suggestions?

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Although I couldn't tell you exactly why it was, but I noticed this as well. There is a calibration that happens upon initial connection to the module. When I noticed it the first time I recall unplugging the power and reconnecting to get the calibration to take place again. It seemed to work after that.

However,after a lot of experience with the Apex and the Maxspect controller I went with the Gyre controller. I feel that the Gyre's controller is simpler and offers more variability in programming at this point.
    Chad

Yup; I get no more than 30-40% as much output from my XF250 with the Icecap controller as with the Maxspect controller. So does reinitializing the Icecap fix this? I remember the initial setup had a warning that the Icecap would run the Gyre at 100% for a time as it calibrates itself. How do you get this process to reset and do over? It's not just simply unplugging it from power, is it?

I'd disconnect everything and reconnect as if you were doing for the first time....
    Chad

I might try that. Just pulling the power plug does nothing special, the pump behaves the same when plugged back in. Only reason I might not is that I now have everything programmed for what I'm getting with the Icecap.

My pump puts out less with ice module driving the pump when compared to the Maxspect controller set at the same %.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    I was curious to know if you have the advanced controller for the gyre programmed to your liking, and running it on a eb8, when you hit feed on your apex does it resume the progam on the advanced controller after the feed cycle has been selected on the apex? Or do you have to hit feed on the advanced controller to keep all the settings?

Do you mean if you program the eb8 outlet to shut the pump off? Then once power is restored will the gyre come back on? The programming stays but I don't know if it will.come back on after the power is restored automatically or not. I'll try it and let ya know
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    Yes, i was curious if once the feed cycle was selected from the apex that the gyres would resume the program from the advanced controller. thank you for checking... i have some older jabeos that once i hit feed on my apex, they lose the night mode but resume the same cycle they had. So they never slow down throughout the night of i dont remember to put them back on night mode.

The only thing you can do with the Gyre in your scenario would be an on or off to the controller. If you had an Gyre icecap module then it would be a different story. I still haven't pulled the power and plugged it back in. I'll try tonight.
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    I do have the icecap module but was considering getting the advanced controller due to the output over the icecap. But I didn't want to get the advanced controller if feed mode was selected on the apex and I then lost the programming on the advanced controller once the feed mode was done on the apex.

OK, I went and did a little test. My Maxspect Adv. controller had been sitting in the garage without power for almost a month and when plugged back in resumed the last programming I had set. I let it run a little and then removed power simulating the eb8 turning the outlet off. Plugged back in it went through a little warmup looking for pump B (in my case only side A was plugged in) then resumed normal programming. So in the case of having just the adv. controller you could program the outlet off during a feed mode etc then back on when it was done and it should resume the programming it was given prior to pulling the power.
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    Chad, I can't thank you enough for your help. You are a great human being!

Quote Originally Posted by IN 2 DEEP View Post
    Chad, I can't thank you enough for your help. You are a great human being!
    No worries. I enjoy helping out.
    Chad

New User
    The only issue I've discovered is that when the eb8 is turned off during feed mode, if you have an icecap battery back up, it automatically kicks on thinking the power is out. Has anyone else experienced this or come up with a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableBro View Post
    The only issue I've discovered is that when the eb8 is turned off during feed mode, if you have an icecap battery back up, it automatically kicks on thinking the power is out. Has anyone else experienced this or come up with a solution?
    Do not turn off the EB8 outlet; it should be programming to simply be always ON if you use an EB out;ley for the Gypre power supply. It's not necessary to even use an EB8 outlet. Instead, put the If Feed statements in the variable output (VarSpd) controlling the Gyre.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.