Thread: ORP

ORP

So I don't pretend to know anything other than what I've read online about orp but have a question about the probe. If I unplug it shouldn't it drop to zero just like the salinity probe? I was rerouting the wires earlier and unplugged both probes. Salinity of course went straight to zero but the ORP probe only dropped to 249 and stayed there. been 2 hours. left it unplugged just out of curiosity but then it got me to thinking maybe its not calibrated properly. Anyone have a clue what it should read if unplugged and if it even matters?

ORP

pH and ORP ports will not necessarily read zero when the probe is unplugged. What you describe is not a problem.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Didn't think so but figured I'd check. thanks Russ

New User
    My ORP is reading up in the 900 range on my 2016 Apex and I know that this can't be true is there something wrong with my probe or does it need recalibrating?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz Mortlock View Post
    My ORP is reading up in the 900 range on my 2016 Apex and I know that this can't be true is there something wrong with my probe or does it need recalibrating?
    A reading in the 900s means that the probe is disconnected, damaged, or if it is brand new, defective. Verify that it is properly connected to the proper BNC port on the Apex base unit - the jack between the salinity and variable output jacks.

Calibration is a fine-tuning process - it won’t correct a gross error in readings like this.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

I left the ORP probe unplugged overnight (bc I had dropped the darn end of it in water) and just realized I never plugged it back in. I just looked and it is reading zero. It took a few hours but it did drop to zero. Not that any of it really matters but just fyi for future reference. thanks

orp1.JPG