Thread: Apex help

New User

Apex help

I am,a noob to Apex but I got a 2016 apex like a 2 weeks ago and I get this in a text (Apex Fusion Power Issue: apex) Failed: 2017-10-10 21:36:59 -0700
    Restored: 1969-12-31 17:00:00 -0700
    ?????
    But I know the power dident go out I was in other room watching tv I have gotten this like 5 times since I had my apex and why does it say 1969 ???

It sounds like your apex is periodically resetting. I'm guessing the reason you see the 1969 time is because the message is sent before the Apex has a chance to get the current time/date from online time servers.

New User
    So why is it resetting ??So you think it's juat loseing connection to internet or something else??

Probably a bug. Update your firmware to the most recent and see if that helps.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Yep all up to date on everything

Reload the latest AOS even if you have already done it and update all modules even if they show (ok). That fixed mine when it was randomly rebooting.

Do you have anything using the 24V port such as an ATK? There was one guy with a faulted pump that experienced the same behavior every time it added water. It's possible the same could be happening to you.

New User
    How do I do this update even tho its on latest??

New User
    it can also be your Wi-Fi is choppy. are you running wireless?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Garrettc805 View Post
    How do I do this update even tho its on latest??
    You can't without help from support on the 2016. That trick only really applies to the classic.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLsREEF View Post
    it can also be your Wi-Fi is choppy. are you running wireless?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Choppy WiFi shouldn't cause reboots. Reboots are usually a firmware bug or a hardware fault. There is the possibility of internet issues triggering a firmware bug, but internet issues are a trigger not a cause in those cases.

Frequent Visitor
    I was having reboot problems that came in waves, and seemed to correspond to flaky internet connection. My Apex 2016 was on WiFi. I've since hardwired the Apex to one of my wifi mesh nodes and I've only had a few missed heartbeats in a week and as far as I know no reboots (thought it may have in the other thread but looking at my alarms I didn't see it). So I'm pretty convinced there is an interplay between WiFi/internet stability and the unit rebooting. This was with the latest firmware.

Interesting that you mention that because I reported an issue to Support about being able to cause the Apex to reboot by loading down my wifi router to the point where some devices disconnect and reconnect and my Apex rebooting as a result.