Thread: ATK basement pmup to DT upstairs? How?

Frequent Visitor

ATK basement pmup to DT upstairs? How?

How would I go about it if I want to have an ATK hooked up to an apex 2016 to run a pmup in the basement in the RO storage up to the DT sump (30 feet of cord needed)

what options do I have here? orginally was thinking of keeping the ATK unit up by the DT and connected to the apex 2016 there but i'm wondering if it would be easier to do it a different way etc?

thoughts?

Frequent Visitor
    You can get extension cords for the PMUP but I don't think it's recommended to go past 24 feet. What I did to solve this problem is I purchased another FMM module and put it down by my water storage tanks in the basement. This allowed me to move the PMUP there but it also allowed me to get some optical sensors to monitor the level of my storage tanks as well. You can definitely run a longer Aquabus cable to the module without much of an issue. I've seen some people go quite further than 30 feet.

Frequent Visitor
    I had also thought of this after posting ... I wasn't sure what the max distance on the aqua bus cabling could be though.

I'll probably go this route as I want to have some sensors on the RO tank that will automatically trigger a solenoid to refill from the RODI system.

how well does the pmup pump from the basement ?

Quote Originally Posted by isomorphic85 View Post
    I had also thought of this after posting ... I wasn't sure what the max distance on the aqua bus cabling could be though.

I'll probably go this route as I want to have some sensors on the RO tank that will automatically trigger a solenoid to refill from the RODI system.

how well does the pmup pump from the basement ?
    As long as the fill point to the tank is no more than about 10ft above the bottom of the RO reservoir you should be fine. It will pump a lot slower, but in most cases that is a good thing.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.