Thread: Multiple Volt Question

Regular Vistor

Multiple Volt Question

Hi i have just puchased a used US version of apexclassic at 110v. I currently live in Australia and the price of nepotune is super high, the basic neptune class cost over $1300.

Im going to use a good quality step down transformer initially as most of my equipment comes in switchable voltage 110-240 (except skimmer and t5 lighting)

For that i was thinking of buying an additional power bar, the eb6, my question is can i use both types of power bar together, one that is feed from 240v and the other that feeds from 110v, both linked to the same brain/head unit?

thanks for any advise i cant find this mentioned anywhere

The only drawback I can see there is that the EB8 is designed for 60Hz instead of 50Hz, which could (though likely wouldn't) allow too much ripple voltage on the 12V from the EB8 but not so from the EB6. This could potentially cause aquabus problems if the power supply isn't overdesigned (which it probably is). If you want to play it safe, then use only EB6 and if you're willing to take a small risk, you could probably get away with both.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Hi, I am using an American Apex 2016 with EB8 through a torteck step down transformer. All works well but the two heaters ( US for power monitoring are on the EB8 ) are 250 watt but only produce 200 watt because of 50 hertz.I allowed for that when I set it up. I also have an Aust EB6 to run other Aust purchased equipment and it all works fine. I use a DOS off a 1 link and a Pmup plus RODI solenoid valve from the 24 volt ports and it all works correctly. Both power bars work correctly and I have had no