Thread: optical level sensor

optical level sensor

Anyone know if it matters how you place the optical level sensor in the water? Sideways? Facing up or facing down? Does it matter? All of a sudden having an issue with the one on my ATK so checking before I ask Neptune. thx

Facing up or sideways only. Facing down can allow a bead of water to stick to the tip and give false CLOSED readings.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Thanks. Something isn’t right. Acts like its stuck open.. Whether its in water or not it stays open. if I unplug it then it shows closed when in the water but then changes to open after few minutes. I went ahead and sent in a support request. appreciate it

Sounds like you have it configured for auto-detect or leak and not configured for optical. Go back into module setup and make sure it's set right.

its configured properly. had that issue a month ago when I bought it and IAMCHADSTER pointed out the config page. I have it set to sensor.

Does the module firmware show (OK)? That could also cause the behavior you describe if it shows (OLD)

yes it shows ok. When the power went out yesterday afterwards it showed an X or !, cant recall but after i rebooted it everything worked. i didn't pay attention to the OLS at that point it was today that i noticed it wasn't working but again the module reports good. i even re-uploaded the update just to make sure. It reports OK. Seems to be the module bc the sensors are pretty simply. cant really see an issue with the sensor itself.

Quote Originally Posted by joenla View Post
    cant really see an issue with the sensor itself.
    They do fail. I had one on my ATK fail in the CLOSED position, 3 months after installation. Others have reported the DDR container low level optical sensors (which is the exact same part) failing as well.

Thanks. Currently its working. Guess I'll just have to keep an eye on it for now