Thread: Apex / WAV issue (noob)

New User

Apex / WAV issue (noob)

I posted this to the WAV forum, but thought someone on this forum might know what my issue is.

After my Gyre pump failed, I decided to buy a WAV pump to go with my Apex 2016 system.

I put it in the tank and connected it to one of the 1Link ports on the EB832.

I went to the Fusion web page and added the three available tiles (Flo, WAV, WAV status).

I set the configuration to 10% constant for the entire 24 hour period and uploaded the configuration to Apex. I configured the FLO tile to 200 gallons and include.

I then changed the configuration from off to auto and the pump just spits for a half a second and stops and then about five seconds later it does it again (and over and over).

Other than managing to scare the crap out of my fish, I have not been able to get it to work as expected. Am I missing anything?

I don't own a wav so I can't tell your for sure, but some things you can try are:

Update the WAV module firmware

Check to see if errors are popping up (the WAV will stop if it gets over-temperature, stalls, etc)

Check to see if the problem persists at different intensities.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

That running behavior on a WAV means that it believes it is not in water and is running dry. It's a failsafe to prevent damage to the pump if it's out of water.

As far as why it's doing that refer to @zombie's comment above and make sure everything is updated. Make sure there is no air trapped in the wav. If none of that works then submit a support ticket.