Thread: How do i reset my apex

New User

How do i reset my apex

How do i reset my apex. I tried to setup gyre with a icecap but it will not work

Rob

Former User
    From my recent experience for factory reset and taking advice from Support I had to press the reset for 60 secs. It didn't work with 20 seconds or even 30 seconds

New User
    Thanks

What is noted above is correct, however, doing a full reset will likely not help your problem with the gyres and may cause more grief than help. If you post more details including how you have everything hooked up, your code, and what observations you have made, we can probably figure out what you did wrong and steer you in the right direction.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    I have set up the icecap with the gyre, a solid green light on the icecap but when i go into fusion none of the variable ports recognise it. I dont know what i have done wrong.

thanks

New User
    The Apex i have is a classic. I have connected the Gyre to the icecap and have a green light but when i go into Fusion non of the variable ports recognise it. I dont know what i am doing wrong.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marshsutton View Post
    The Apex i have is a classic. I have connected the Gyre to the icecap and have a green light but when i go into Fusion non of the variable ports recognise it. I dont know what i am doing wrong.

Thanks
    Variable ports don't "recognize" what is plugged into them. You know they are working by plugging the equipment into them and seeing that it operates when you set it the port to manual ON (100%) and OFF (0%). If that test is sucessful, then code however you wish.

New User
    After plugging it into v1 / v2 none of the variables work the gyre, ive plugged into v3 / v4 and none of the variables work there either, I am at a complete loss. I appreciate you are trying to help.

Quote Originally Posted by marshsutton View Post
    After plugging it into v1 / v2 none of the variables work the gyre, ive plugged into v3 / v4 and none of the variables work there either, I am at a complete loss. I appreciate you are trying to help.
    Do you have a voltmeter? If so, you can troubleshoot the problem by reading the voltage across the tip of the connector and the base of it (sleeve) and between the ring on the connector and the sleeve when the ports are set to ON. Should read 10V. If it doesn't then you know the problem is the cable or the port. If it does, you know the problem is you didn't push them in all the way, missed a step in setting up the icecap or there is a problem with the icecap.

New User

apex--icecap

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Do you have a voltmeter? If so, you can troubleshoot the problem by reading the voltage across the tip of the connector and the base of it (sleeve) and between the ring on the connector and the sleeve when the ports are set to ON. Should read 10V. If it doesn't then you know the problem is the cable or the port. If it does, you know the problem is you didn't push them in all the way, missed a step in setting up the icecap or there is a problem with the icecap.

Hi. Thanks for your help, Neptune is replacing the unit. Thank you again Alan