Thread: APEX will not connect. Fusion = No Comm

New User

APEX will not connect. Fusion = No Comm

Sorry to bother you guys but I've been scratching my bald head all day and just can't get this APEX to give me a token to attach to my fusion. I have been running a tank with a APEX on Fusion for over a year now with no issues, love it. Setting up a second tank so I decided to buy another APEX and if it hadn't cost so much I'd put 9mm through the controller at this point. I've read support docs and posts but can't seem to find the answer to my problem. I'm sure I'm not the first but dang if I can find a previous post about this subject.

So, this is my second APEX I want to add to my Fusion. The display has the Fusion - No Comm error so I can not get a token to add it to Fusion. I went into Net Setup and verified that the gateway is in fact my router. The network lights on the controller are on indicating it connected to the network. I read the FAQ's and it talks about changing the DNS to 8888 etc. But, how do I change the DNS from the Neptune display?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Jerry.

Can you connect locally using the ip listed on the display? If not that needs to be hashed out first. The DNS settings (if they need to be changed at all) are in the same sub directory as the ip address is on the display (system -> network)

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Thankyou for the update. It appears that the two APEX are fighting one another. I took my current APEX offline and connected the new one and got it linked just fine. Now my original APEX won't connect. So, I still have issues. Appreciate any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by jbarnes View Post
    Thankyou for the update. It appears that the two APEX are fighting one another. I took my current APEX offline and connected the new one and got it linked just fine. Now my original APEX won't connect. So, I still have issues. Appreciate any advice.
    Are they both DHCP or static ip? Make sure they aren't trying to use the same ip.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    After some more diagnostics I was able to determine the problem. Come to find out the ethernet outlet running to the room the tank is sitting must have a nick in the wire. I finally moved the APEX to another room and it configured fine. I'm rewiring that outlet today. Thanks for all your help.