Thread: DOS location

Frequent Visitor

DOS location

Can I put the DOS units in my electronics cabinet with the modules for everything else Apex related, apex brain and all my ups and anything else electronic related or is that too much of a risk and they should go under my stand the reservoirs are going under my stand

It's a small risk that I wouldn't take personally. There is no risk if you leave plenty of space on both sides, so I would either place it below or make sure it's not right next to any other modules (at least a foot to be really safe)

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    It's a small risk that I wouldn't take personally. There is no risk if you leave plenty of space on both sides, so I would either place it below or make sure it's not right next to any other modules (at least a foot to be really safe)

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.
    Thanks for the advise, I think for all the money I have invested I will just some how make room in the stand.

New User
    With that thought in mind...I have a two section lower cabinet under the display tank (sump side...electronic side). Is the DOS sealed up well enough (and assuming the DOS doesn't fall into the sump) to locate it on the sump side of the lower cabinet? I don't want to put it on the electronics side for reasons just stated. I will be using it to dose calcium hydroxide to the tank and I also don't want more gizmos outside of the cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy Seal View Post
    With that thought in mind...I have a two section lower cabinet under the display tank (sump side...electronic side). Is the DOS sealed up well enough (and assuming the DOS doesn't fall into the sump) to locate it on the sump side of the lower cabinet? I don't want to put it on the electronics side for reasons just stated. I will be using it to dose calcium hydroxide to the tank and I also don't want more gizmos outside of the cabinet.
    The DOS isnt waterproof, but there are only a few places that a splash of water could do any real damage. If you dont see any salt creep where you plan to mount it, the risk is low but higher than in a dedicated cabinet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk