Thread: Set up Help

Set up Help

I bought a used apex classic and I'm trying to set it up. I had it connected using dashboard but not on fusion. I updated the firmware and web pages but fusion still said the needed updating.
    Somehow I changed the ip address and can't get dashboard to load now.
    I'm so frustrated with this already. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Check your display under system -> net setup -> ip address to look up the ip for the classic dashboard. Alternatively you can hit the magnifying lens on the firmware update tool to find the ip address as well.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

I can find them, I just can't get them to load. 192.168. 1.129 is what they show.

Did you get any errors while updating the webpages? Every now and then it craps out in the middle of the update and you have to do it over again on the webpages. I would try doing those again if you have any doubt they weren't 100% successful.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Yes. I had problems losing connection. I will update again and see if that works.
    Thanks

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Dave View Post
    Yes. I had problems losing connection. I will update again and see if that works.
    Thanks
    If you are losing connection make sure you are doing this over a wired connection. The computer you are running the update on must be wired. Also make sure you wait a couple minutes after the firmware update before you do the web update. The Apex has to finish a reboot after the firmware update. The web one will lose connection if you try starting it before the reboot happens.

I have the apex and my laptop wired into my router. The laptop Wi-Fi is turned off. I updated firmware and waited 15 minutes to update webpages. Done this a few times and still can't get it to work. Fusion still says i need to update.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Dave View Post
    I have the apex and my laptop wired into my router. The laptop Wi-Fi is turned off. I updated firmware and waited 15 minutes to update webpages. Done this a few times and still can't get it to work. Fusion still says i need to update.k
    That is not telling you that you need to update the Apex; note the button you clicked - it's red with an exclamation point. The corresponding menu item says "Apex Disconnected". Your Apex is not communicating with APEX Fusion, so Fusion does not yet know that you have updated the firmware. Ignore that "Update Available message" and focus of resolving the real issue - the "Apex Disconnected" issue

Can you access the Apex Classic Dashboard? If so, what does the Apex Fusion tile say?

Were you able to monitor and control the Apex just before before you upgraded the firmware? Did you change anything in the Apex network settings at or shortly before the time you upgraded the Apex firmware? Did you change anything on your home network around the same time?

Using the display module or the Classic Dashboard, check the Apex network settings... is DHCP enabled? If not, enable DHCP and then restart the Apex. Wait several minutes, then check in Apex Fusion to see if the Apex is communicating with Apex Fusion, or if that red exclamation point is still present.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Ok

Please answer all of the questions asked.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

I was able to monitor before updating.
    I tried to check "Reboot system after update" and Update Network Settings but that did not work.
    No changes to home network
    DHCP is On

Dashboard tile shows ApexFusion OK
    Display shows ApexFusion: Comm OK

I initialized all and relinked it. Now to take the apex to my tank and try the Wi-Fi range extender.
    Thank you for your help.

Set up Help

I was going to suggest that you Remove that Apex-from Fusion then re-link it (rather than taking the nuclear option). IMO, doing an Init All is the last resort.

Glad you got it going!