Thread: Apex 2016

Frequent Visitor

Apex 2016

General call for some help !!
    I went " All In " on the new Apex.
    Spent $US 1.800 Or so..
    Auto feeder..Leak detector wurh 2 probe/ sensors..
    Some other Bells an Whistles.

It arrived 1st of July by Courier .
    A day I WELL Remember as i slipped ..fell and basicly Busted my self up that morning.
    Resulting in my Lying flat of my back for 14hrs till someone came home...
    And a 10 day hospital stay..
    I dont Bounce to well.....

Anyway suffice it to say..i remeber the date! !!

This past weekend i was finaly able to get my Bro in law and wife to assist me in installing the system.

It does NOT Work.
    EB 832 lights steady Orange..after cycling thru ...

But 3 red lights appear over outlets 1. 3 and 5 ..

Main unit lights Orange
    Good !

EB 6 220 model does not function !
    I do not have a display unit hope to use a tab 2 Android.

I need guidance and a rep out here to my Home!

I have attempted to contact the Agent here ...no joy.
    If I must BOX it all up and send it in for Evaluation ....I Will but ..
    If I can get a tech rep out here And i would Pay him I am ok with that..I do Not expect " Free Lunch "!

Can some one excert some " Incouragement " on the Local distributer here and get them in contact with me ?

Last resort...I Do have Buyer Protection via credit card ..and will get re imbursement in any case and consider ordering a new replacement system .

Oh and Yes I am running the EB 832 on a 220 to 110 step down transformer and the EB 6 off main 220 v power .

Just want to get this Solved ...
    Thanks ...

Didnt mean to allow my Frustrations to show..but ...
    Ya know Thats a Fair amount of cash I have invested there ...Right ??

Gar

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    No answers ??
    So

NSI Member
    Sounds like you really need to contact Neptune support. This is a user to user forum. While there are a lot of smart people here, it is not the place to get official support.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/contact-support/

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    It's tempting to plug everything in and wanna go, but there are some important steps that need to be followed. Did you go to the get started guide for the apex 2016 (Link under Neptune Links at top of page)? If so, where did the process fail? It sounds like you have various issues such as old firmware on certain modules etc, but first I'm curious how far you actually made it through the getting started guide.
    Chad

Frequent Contributor
    I don’t know if this is your issue or not, but the use of a step down transformer is not an approved application. Also, the EB832 is not intended for purchase and use outside US/Can.

Contact support and see if they can help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    I don’t know if this is your issue or not, but the use of a step down transformer is not an approved application. Also, the EB832 is not intended for purchase and use outside US/Can.

Contact support and see if they can help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why Not ?

Frequent Visitor
    I have a conversation booked for Friday with Support.

Where is the Neptune Distributer here ??
    Thats My #1 question .
    And if they are incapable of providing the support ..

Well I am a Business owner ..
    I would be intrested in taking it over and running it Properly ! ..

Baited Hook in water !

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin6600 View Post
    Why Not ?

Let me help; I'm an electrical engineer. This is deadly serious: you're lucky you're not dead. Transformers, if not carefully managed, cause grounds to float (this is bad). It also sounds like you are using the transformer output mixed with the native 220. Factor in salt water and things get worse. Turn the breakers off, then unplug it all and leave it that way. You bought the wrong kit; you need real 220 equipment for the entire installation.

--Tom

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by twalton View Post
    Let me help; I'm an electrical engineer. This is deadly serious: you're lucky you're not dead. Transformers, if not carefully managed, cause grounds to float (this is bad). It also sounds like you are using the transformer output mixed with the native 220. Factor in salt water and things get worse. Turn the breakers off, then unplug it all and leave it that way. You bought the wrong kit; you need real 220 equipment for the entire installation.

--Tom
    I have Real 220 gear.
    Lights pumps all..
    I have 1 EB832 110 v as i wanted the outlet monitoring.

DC pumps are powered by adaptor ..(power brick)
    That are multi voltage ...110 , 220, 240,, etc.

I intended using pumps on 110v EB 832. Therefore the Comercial grade Trannsformer / Rectifier Stablizer .. steping 220 Down to 110 ..As Thailand is 220 v.

I wanted to use an EB6 220 V For lights .. UV and Chiller ..

I do not understand How this is a danger..
    I admit I an Not aan electrical eng..
    But as Construction Project Mgr on fairly large projects..I have emplowed many as parrt of project team ..

Does it make a difference if the Step Down transformer I have is a Commercial / Industrial grade device? Not a small el cheapo job ?

Wish Neptune would pull their finger out and realease a proper 220 v power bar with outlet monitoring ,,

I do appreciate your input..
    I certainly do not wish to screw everythiing up and or eletrocute myself ....
    Thanks
    Garvin

Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    [QUOTE=Garvin6600;130590]I have Real 220 gear.
    Lights pumps all..
    I have 1 EB832 110 v as i wanted the outlet monitoring.

DC pumps are powered by adaptor ..(power brick)
    That are multi voltage ...110 , 220, 240,, etc.

I intended using pumps on 110v EB 832. Therefore the Comercial grade Trannsformer / Rectifier Stablizer .. steping 220 Down to 110 ..As Thailand is 220 v.

I wanted to use an EB6 220 V For lights .. UV and Chiller ..

I do not understand How this is a danger..
    I admit I an Not aan electrical eng..
    But as Construction Project Mgr on fairly large projects..I have emplowed many as parrt of project team ..

Does it make a difference if the Step Down transformer I have is a Commercial / Industrial grade device? Not a small el cheapo job ?

Wish Neptune wou

Also ..
    I can just run everything off 220 ..with no transformer / stabelizerb...
    And not use EB832 At all.

What do you think ?
    I like the Idea of using the Stableizer to " Cean Up " the local power ...

Quote Originally Posted by twalton View Post

--Tom
    That is not entirely correct. A legitimate high quality step down grounds the case and provides a pass through ground through the secondary plug. If a quality step down is purchased the only thing you have to worry about is frequency sensitivity since that will give you 50Hz 120V instead of 60Hz 120V. For DC equipment with universal power supplied or power supplies replaced with 50Hz 110V versions, there is no problem since the worst that can happen is a little bit of extra ripple voltage if they cheaped out on the caps.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    That is not entirely correct. A legitimate high quality step down grounds the case and provides a pass through ground through the secondary plug. If a quality step down is purchased the only thing you have to worry about is frequency sensitivity since that will give you 50Hz 120V instead of 60Hz 120V. For DC equipment with universal power supplied or power supplies replaced with 50Hz 110V versions, there is no problem since the worst that can happen is a little bit of extra ripple voltage if they cheaped out on the caps.

Ok ..
    Than you for taking your time and expierence to help me understand this issue ! ..
    It was appreciated and helpful .

My thoughts were as I was only running pumps off EB238 / Transformer and as their power was 50/60 hz ..no issue there
    I would bennifit from outlet monitoring..
    Early warning for a failing ..worn pump.

Other gear ..at this time Local 220v is fine on EB 6 ..
    Question ..
    Transformer has a " 220" ..
    Outlet.. is it wise ? Or no ? To run 220 thru Transformer to stableise loca supply voltage .
    Or just plug 220 EB6 into house voltage ?

Thanks again mate !

Garvin.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin6600 View Post
    Ok ..
    Than you for taking your time and expierence to help me understand this issue ! ..
    It was appreciated and helpful .

My thoughts were as I was only running pumps off EB238 / Transformer and as their power was 50/60 hz ..no issue there
    I would bennifit from outlet monitoring..
    Early warning for a failing ..worn pump.

Other gear ..at this time Local 220v is fine on EB 6 ..
    Question ..
    Transformer has a " 220" ..
    Outlet.. is it wise ? Or no ? To run 220 thru Transformer to stableise loca supply voltage .
    Or just plug 220 EB6 into house voltage ?

Thanks again mate !

Garvin.

If your transformer has a 220V plug, it will not stabilize anything. That is either a pass through port from the high voltage winding or it's for use when configured as a step up. I can't tell you without seeing vendor documentation.

If you want to stabilize the voltage, your options are a "pure sine wave" uninterruptible power supply (UPS), or a "power conditioner". A UPS is a bit more expensive, but has the added benefit of keeping critical equipment, such as a small powerhead online during a power outage and notifying you when there is an outage (as long as your router and/or modem is also on a UPS).

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    If your transformer has a 220V plug, it will not stabilize anything. That is either a pass through port from the high voltage winding or it's for use when configured as a step up. I can't tell you without seeing vendor documentation.

If you want to stabilize the voltage, your options are a "pure sine wave" uninterruptible power supply (UPS), or a "power conditioner". A UPS is a bit more expensive, but has the added benefit of keeping critical equipment, such as a small powerhead online during a power outage and notifying you when there is an outage (as long as your router and/or modem is also on a UPS).

Thanks
    I have been considering a USPS of some kind..

Zombie, this has been solidly helpful ..
    Much appreciated man