Thread: Flow Sensors

Flow Sensors

I recently bought 2-1” flow sensors and installed them on my return lines. They worked for about a week. They currently read 0gph on fusion even though everything else is working correctly. Will it break the warranty if I take them apart and clean them or at least see what’s wrong or is it advised? I’ve tried researching it but came up empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taking them apart for cleaning will not void your warranty and is actually recommended by neptune to be done at regular intervals (usually quarterly is good). Just make sure you only clean with water and/or vinegar and use a toothbrush so you don't inadvertently damage anything which would void your warranty.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

I had a 1” flow monitor read 0. Took it apart and found a piece of debris that was keeping the impeller from spinning.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hcoop View Post
    I recently bought 2-1” flow sensors and installed them on my return lines. They worked for about a week. They currently read 0gph on fusion even though everything else is working correctly. Will it break the warranty if I take them apart and clean them or at least see what’s wrong or is it advised? I’ve tried researching it but came up empty.

Did they both fail at the same time?
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    Did they both fail at the same time?
    Good point. That could very well mean that a firmware update was performed that also required a module update that was not performed.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.