Thread: Can I program a delay in between forward and reverse on Alternating Gyre?

New User

Can I program a delay in between forward and reverse on Alternating Gyre?

Guys,
    I'd like to program a 10 second pause between forward and reverse on an alternating gyre? any advice? Would I use "initial off time" on direction profil?

Yes. You also want to make sure the two direction profiles are synchronised. The synchronize checkbox now works such that the one that is checked synchronizes with the previous profile number.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Thanks Zombie , so to be clear... I would enter 10 in the "initial off time" box on the direction profile and NOT in the speed profile as well.

You could do both or just direction. It's down to personal preference at that point and which makes better turbulence.

New User
    adding "10" in the "initial off time" box had ZERO effect. I tried it in Speed AND direction profiles. What am I doing wrong?

You're trying to delay one gyre with respect to a different gyre right? If not I misinterpreted your question and need some clarification about what exactly you want to happen (Existing code would also help here).

Frequent Visitor
    I think he is wanting to have a ten second delay in the pump turning Forward for X time Off for ten seconds and then ON again in reverse for X time.
    Is this correct ??

G7subs, it's almost impossible for anyone here to give you good and specific advice without knowing how you have everything programmed. Post all applicable output programming and profile settings. Or, use the Summary report feature in Apex Fusion, print that to a PDF file, then attach that PDF to a reply here, and post names of the outputs used for the Gyres.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    I have 1 GYRE on icecap module. It is set up in alternating mode. As I said in OP, I'd like to insert a 10 second pause between fwd and rev.
    Attached Images Attached Images