Thread: used EB 832

Regular Vistor

used EB 832

Hi,

Background -
    I bought a used Apex Controller, which came with the probes and all. The probes are all dried out and eventually I will replace them.

I went and reset the Apex, started with blue and went into apex.local and followed all the instructions, connected the probes. Did get some readings.
    Installed the app on my Iphone, used the link code and set it up. The app on my phone said that there was a firmware update available, I went and updated the firmware.

I thought at this point I was all set.

Problem -
    The EB832 was blinking a rapid orange. This must have been blinking a rapid orange - prior to the FW update itself, I was too excited to notice anything.

I googled it up and i found that it is in Bootloader mode.

Please suggest how I should be proceeding, i did come across https://www.neptunesystems.com/downl...e-guide-V2.pdf

But I am not sure if the above article is applicable to EB832?

Please advice.

Thank you,
    Vamsi.

This might not solve your problem as I haven't had that happen to mine yet, but it's possible that if you go to the module setup page and update the firmware for the EB832 it might fix your issue.

Another thing you could also try is to unplug the aquabus cable, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in. It could have just hung up when associating the EB832 with the base unit.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    This might not solve your problem as I haven't had that happen to mine yet, but it's possible that if you go to the module setup page and update the firmware for the EB832 it might fix your issue.

Another thing you could also try is to unplug the aquabus cable, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in. It could have just hung up when associating the EB832 with the base unit.

Thank you zombie. I will try this tonight after work. Do you know where I can download the flash utility ?

There is no flash utility for the Apex (2016); AOS updates are done using the Network page in either Apex Local or Apex Fusion.

Module firmware updates are done using the Modules page.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Hi RussM, thank you for the information. Sorry if i am asking a lot of basic questions. How do i get to the Module updates ? Is there a guide or a document I could follow.
    Thank you for your time.

Click on this icon

Regular Vistor
    Thank you very much. Very helpful.

Regular Vistor
    Just wanted to give you all a quick update. I sent my Apex to neptune systems. They said the EB is not working cause of water damage. 185 for repairs and shipping. So hopefully I can have it all working by next week.

Thank you for all the advice and help.

cheers!!