Thread: ATK keeps messing up

ATK keeps messing up

CF519B82-9FF0-43A1-AB02-56E699F94BBC.jpgI’ve had my ATK for 3 months now and it keeps messing up. It works good for 4 or 5 days and then stops filling. The water level is below the lo optical sensor and the sensor still shows “closed”. I reach in and clean the sensor, turn the ATK to ON and it starts working again. I know that it is not a dirty sensor as it was doing the same thing when I had it installed in my RODI reservoir. There seems to be a bug somewhere. You can see from the plot that it seems to work fine for a while and then starts skipping fills as compared to previous days. Anyone have any ideas, please let me know.

- - - Updated - - -

It's probably the When command shutting it off for running longer than 5 minutes on a single fill. Investigate if there is a pattern you can recognize about what may be making it run for that long. Also if the ATO normally fills for long periods of time per fill (like 3 minutes), you may just need to make the 5 minute timer longer.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Zombie,

Below is the code from my ATK. It is the automatic code generated by the setup task. I haven’t changed it at all.

As as you can see, the When statement is already at >10

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATO_LO OPEN Then ON
    If ATO_HI CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 010:00 Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

Try updating the FMM firmware, even if it says its OK. If that doesn't work, the sensor might be going bad. They can fail in the CLOSED position. To test this, it's not too difficult to remove both the high and low sensors from their housing, and exchange them and their connections to the FMM. If it works then, the sensor is going bad. You can also inspect the sensor closely, if you haven't already; there was a very thin rim of leaking brown stuff on mine where the cord meets the sensor, which appeared shortly before it failed.