Thread: I think its finally dead :(

Regular Vistor

I think its finally dead :(

Hey all,
    I was working away and my wife rang me at 5:30 in the morning to advise me all the pumps had stop working. She could not fault find as she happened to trip over and sprain her ankle. Errr why does this happen at the worst time.
    Anyway 1 week later my thousands of dollars of sps and fish seem to be alive still. She ended up plugging the important stuff into the wall sockets.
    So i am home now. Some things i have noticed so far.
    Screens is blue.
    the apex is not connect to router (currently classic dash is not accessible) this i believe is not a router or cord problem see below
    fusion is not accessible
    All lights on every unit are flashing orange. Power bars every light is orange.
    from what i can tell I am totally locked out and need a hardware reset.
    I not using the new apex i have the old type, and have not had time to update to the latest patch.
    suggestions would be appreciated
    thanks
    Shayne

First try power cycling the unit and see if it comes online (unplug aquabus to the base unit and plug back in).

Next unplug everything from the base unit except one EB8 (you can even unplug that if you have an aux power supply). If it does come online, plug in modules one at a time to see if there is an offending module.

If that is not sucessful, I have had luck restoring a unit from that state using what is commonly referred to as a firmware force. This is the process.

1. Download the latest firmware
    2. With the unit unplugged from aquabus, start the firmware update (you will need to know the ip address, so hopefully yours is set to static. If not you will need to log into your router and watch for an ip to pop up or disappear when power cycling the unit)
    3. After the update says failed a couple time, plug in the unit.
    4a. If sucessful, plug modules back in and see if it's back to normal. Update your module firmwares and make sure everything is working good.
    4b. If unsucessful repeat steps 2-4 a few more times as it doesn't always work the first try.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    OK update,
    i now have green and orange lights on router still . Base unit is solid green light. However I cannot update the web page it's not finding what ever ip adress it's meant to find and nothing is popping up on my router yet.

Regular Vistor
    NEPTUNE SYSTEMS !! I am so wild how you have managed the new upgrade to the 2016 version in Australia. My Apex base unit is frozen up with a blue screen. My router will not pick it up the nor will the software (magnify glass) pick up the base unit. I have spent hours and changing cables, ports. followed the guides sent via emails. So i ring around the main shop in Australia to get another base unit. New 2016 or old no one in Australia has one, out of desperation i decide just to cut my losses and look to buy the whole system with extra energy bar probes, be that new or old that i totally don't need as i have two energy bars and spare probes. All the shops are list the old stuff out off stock and redundant!!!! The suppler in Australia aqua blue is out of stock and does not get anymore new units for a month. My whole aquarium rely s on this unit. This is rubbish i am home 1 week and return to work for 2 weeks. So disappointing !!!

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    NEPTUNE SYSTEMS !! I am so wild how you have managed the new upgrade to the 2016 version in Australia. My Apex base unit is frozen up with a blue screen. My router will not pick it up the nor will the software (magnify glass) pick up the base unit. I have spent hours and changing cables, ports. followed the guides sent via emails. So i ring around the main shop in Australia to get another base unit. New 2016 or old no one in Australia has one, out of desperation i decide just to cut my losses and look to buy the whole system with extra energy bar probes, be that new or old that i totally don't need as i have two energy bars and spare probes. All the shops are list the old stuff out off stock and redundant!!!! The suppler in Australia aqua blue is out of stock and does not get anymore new units for a month. My whole aquarium rely s on this unit. This is rubbish i am home 1 week and return to work for 2 weeks. So disappointing !!!
    This is a volunteer based forum where users like Zombie and myself aren't employed by Neptune Systems but are fairly experienced users just trying to help out folks like yourself. I would strongly suggest you open a support ticket with Neptune Systems to see if they can resolve your issue. Many times issues can be resolved via remote sessions. I assure you their customer service is top notch and they will take care of you however they can.

Link is at the top of the forum page: https://www.neptunesystems.com/support/contact-support/
    Chad