Thread: Custum Apex website for elderly

Frequent Visitor

Custum Apex website for elderly

I am setting up an Apex for someone and I would like to build a page where they can turn on a feed mode or turn the lights on temporarily, but nothing else. I don't want them to have full access to everything and have them accidentally turn a heater to set ON. I could use a break out box to create a few physical buttons, but would MUCH rather create a custom page that I could display on an amazon tablet and maybe their phone. (devices on the same network, remote connection outside the home not needed)

I know there was a few sites created in the past with some custom options.(I think Russ made one? There was another one by the guy who made a "Windows Phone" application). Is there some documentation for advanced users on how to do something similar or any pointers on where to get started?

Frequent Visitor
    Goal for me being big virtual momentary push buttons that will turn on a virtual outlet, but I need this outlet to go into On and then back to auto. This will be like a feed mode, but unfortunately I cannot just use feed modes.

(Background on feed modes. At one of my accounts I explained many times to different people to make sure a tank was in FeedA and not FeedB,c, d. I setup email alarms(IF feedc on then on) for each feed mode and all the feed modes are used at random times by random people in the office who feed the tank. I had to make all the feed modes do the same thing(return pump and skimmer off) and can't use one for a service mode or night time lights on.

My Reeftronics site was display-only; it could not send anything to the Apex to change the state of an output, activate a feed mode, etc.

There is no public API and no documentation for doing what you want. Use of a BoB and momentary buttons is your best option.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Use a button hooked to a break out box.

Set all the feed modes to do the exact same thing so that they can only do one thing regardless.

I quit using feed mode completly last year as I observed my tangs got 98% of the food before it got anywhere near the overflow anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    All the stuff is read only i have done my.own as well but you can not interact back to the apex

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You can "make" custom feed modes using virtual outlets.

Example 5 minute pushbutton timer

Feed5
    Set OFF
    If Switch CLOSED Then ON
    Min Time 005:00 Then ON

Device
    (Existing code)
    If Output Feed5 = ON Then OFF

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Why not set up fusion with only a feed button and a VO slider and hide the rest of the tiles.

you could use the new when command to limit how long the VO is on and shut it off.

Frequent Visitor
    Russ I wouldn't steel code to claim it was my own, resell it, or use it with another controller. I swore long ago someone posted code to work with the Apex from another website. This was before Apex Fusion and before there were even 5 variants of the classic dashboard(no longer supported).

I don't like to(nor do I have the time to) solder things. I know some people don't mind and enjoy this activity, but isn't for me. I would also rather not have extra wires around that add to clutter and rust in time.

@zombie
    I am not sure how custom feed modes would help.

@Frogfish
    If different Apex Fusion accounts could get access to the same Apex and hide different things that would work, but the order and location(layout) of things in fusion I believe is based on the Apex not the user account. If I hide almost everything from the user than they are hidden from us as well when we go to service the aquarium.

The custom feed mode was a response to your post #2 inquiring how to initiate a feed mode with a big pushbutton. Doesn't help the API problem at all.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.