Thread: no communication

New User

no communication

Setting up an old apex classic today. Have it hardwired into my laptop. Keep getting apexfusion: no communication no matter what I change or do. Any ideas?

Connect it to your router, not the laptop.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    not an option unfortunately.

It you do not connect the Apex directly to your home network, the Apex will not be able to communicate with anything in the Internet, including Apex Fusion. If you cannot connect it to the router with a network cable, you can use a wireless adapter or a pair of Powerline networking adapters to provide connectivity between the Apex and router.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Got my token to work, put it in the website and it linked and put me to the dashboard. then says communication error apex not connected. How is it not connected when it just linked?

- - - Updated - - -

I used a wireless adapter to get it to work.

The apex cannot connect to fusion without being connected to your router in some fashion. You have 2 options if a direct Ethernet to your router isn't possible.

1. Purchase a gaming adaptor or WiFi extender with Ethernet port to the apex.

2. (Extremely complicated and not for anyone but the most advanced networkers) create a tunnel through your laptop using a virtual gateway.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    I used a gaming adaptor I had.

- - - Updated - - -

Im assuming it did connect because I am at the dashboard of fusion and I see everything, I just cant edit anything because it says its not connected.

New User
    So when I put in the ip address on my computer to the apex it goes to it, but its the older version of the dashboard. In the upper corner says apex fusion communication error. So my gaming adapter is working I guess within my network at home, but wont connect to the fusion cloud outside of my network? Would this be something I need to address via the gaming adapter, or the apex itself?

Removing it from fusion and relinking sometimes helps.

It could also be a DNS issue, which is often resolved by changing that from what was assigned automatically to 8.8.8.8

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.