Thread: Virtual Outlet and sw1 to control Radions?

Regular Vistor

Virtual Outlet and sw1 to control Radions?

Bear with me, I've got a learning disability that makes it hard for me to absorb the manual, but I'm trying.

I added the following code to the lights:

If Output Lights On then LightsOn

First I want to double check before I modify my stand in any way, if I add a switch to the doors, will the following code on the above referenced VO work?

Virtual Outlet "Lights"
    Set OFF
    If Sw1 CLOSED Then ON
    If Sw2 CLOSED Then ON

That way if either or both of my doors are opened (this code will be applied to refugium light) it'll trigger the white lights.

Second, is there a way to make a VO that will trigger for only a set period of time?

Say

If sw1 closed then on (for set time period) kind of thing?

Thanks!

Hi!

If you want to have the fuge light running the 'LightsOn' profile when either or both of the cabinet doors are open, the code you have there will work (assuming the fuge light is controlled by a variable output). The fuge light will return to its other programming when both doors are shut and the switches OPEN.

If you want the fuge light to run 'LightsOn' for a specific period of time and then return to other programming even if the cabinet doors remain open, you can add a second virtual output to use as a timer.

[DoorOpen10]
    Set OFF
    If Sw1 CLOSED Then ON
    If Sw2 CLOSED Then ON
    Defer 010:00 Then ON

[Lights]
    Set OFF
    If Sw1 CLOSED Then ON
    If Sw2 CLOSED Then ON
    If Output DoorOpen10 = ON Then OFF

[VarFugeLight]
    If Output Lights = ON Then LightsOn

Btw, you might rename virtual output 'Lights', just for clarity in your programming so it won't be confusing later. maybe to something like 'Doors'. Now your line in the fuge light code would read:

If Output Doors = ON Then LightsOn

The programming line now explains its purpose a bit better.

Anyway, I haven't tested this but I think that will work. If not, RussM or zombie will probably jump in and suggest a better approach.

Regular Vistor
    The "Lights" VO is one I have now that I made so I can control my main lights from a single toggle on my phone. If for any reason I want to turn them on outside the schedule, I just tap "Lights"

I'm going to use a spare Radion for a refugium light, and I'll have it run a simple schedule with the best spectrum I can get for growth, but I want to set it up so when I open the doors, it triggers the "LightsOn" profile, which is more white, and easier to see for equipment maintenance.

And lastly, I want to setup a push button under the stand that wen triggered, will turn on the "LightsOn" profile as well a change all the pumps settings so that I can do a water change and maintainence, but I want it to revert after a set period of time. Maybe I'll just use FeedB for that.

I assume the code If FeedB on then LightsOn would work as well. Might be simpler.

I haven't actually used profiles until the night before last. Or virtual outlets for that matter. But now that I am, I'm actually glad I stuck with the WXM over the Reeflink. You'll probably love it when the Hydras talk to the Apex soon. Now that I know, I'll probably start making profiles for everything lol.