Thread: Vdm & wxm firmware upgrade dead lights

Vdm & wxm firmware upgrade dead lights

Ok i currently am a apex user and purchased the new 2016 apex and updated to the latest firmware, what i did was unhook VDM & WXM modules from my old apex lite and plugged them ( they are connected together via each other though bus ports) into the new 2016 apex, i then updated the firmware on both modules and all took because ok the ok message i got. i added my light program for my 6 kessil lamps into the new apex using wizard. when i uploaded the programs for some reason my lights will not come on now? my 2 modules both the VDM and WXM are both blinking amber and when i go to the folder that has a list of the modules the status of the EB832_2 is check off but the two modules i added ( VDM AND WXM) both have a black triangle with an exclamation point in the middle of it. also the HWRev has a zero and the SWRev has the number 13 (ok). my kessil lights will not come on but my vortech pumps are running but i doubt that are from the WXN please help i have no lights.
    Reefing is my passion, 500 Gallon Display tank with an additional 150 gallon sump room in the basement

The modules’ status LEDs blinking amber and the black triangle/exclamation point both indicate that those modules are not communicating with the Apex.

Disconnect both modules.
    Remove both modules from the Apex using the Modules page.
    Reconnect ONE module... either the WXM or VDM.
    Watch the status LED on that module. Does it light up solid after a few seconds?

If so, then connect the other module. What happens?

If not, disconnect the first module then connect the other. Watch the status LED. What happens?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Got it thanks a lot and love the new apex!
    Reefing is my passion, 500 Gallon Display tank with an additional 150 gallon sump room in the basement

Quote Originally Posted by robbous View Post
    Got it thanks a lot and love the new apex!
    So may I interpret this as saying that both modules are now connected and are operating normally?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    So may I interpret this as saying that both modules are now connected and are operating normally?
    Yes they are thanks for the quick reply

Not sure why but now my VDM AND WXM both had error triangles in the module folder and Vdm is now blinking amber and wxm still has error triangle in module page but has green light on module. i unplugged the vdm and wxm via aqua bus cable and reconnected them one at a time the wxm first which blinked amber then went solid green then after deleting the vdm in module page and replugging it back in after plugging the wxm. The vdm is now blinking amber but does not show up in the module page. please help i am lost here.

got them working now my kessill lights are blinking off and on, not sure how to resolve this issue

Because you deleted the VDM, then reconnected it, it was seen as a new module by the Apex and came back with default programming. Check the programming - you’ll need to recreate it.

Got it all taken care of now all is ok and running, sucks being a newbie at fusion but some playing around i got it figured out.
    Last edited by robbous; 11-05-2017 at 08:37. Reason: FOUND ISSUE