Thread: NPT to BSTP reducer bushing

NPT to BSTP reducer bushing

I'm in the process of converting all my plumbing from flex tubing to PVC. While doing this I figured it would be a good time to add the FMK. I built a manifold using 3/4" pipe for my reactors and want to use the 1/2 flow sensors with them. I purchased 3/4" to 1/2" female NPT reducer bushings with the idea of reducing to 1/2" at the ball valve. After watching the getting started video I learned that the flow sensors use BSTP. Since I'm using all schedule 80 fittings I'm trying to avoid using the slip adapters that came with the kit. I would like to know if anyone has found a place to buy a 3/4" to 1/2" schedule 80 reducer bushing with BSTP female threads.

Thanks in Advance!

You will probably have difficulty finding a 3/4" to 1/2" schedule 80 reducer bushing with BSTP female threads. 1/2" NPT and 1/2" NPT are very close; 1/2" NTP female are just a bit loose on 1/2" BSP threads. With the very low pressure we have in our tank plumbing, you can get away with using a fitting having 1/2" NPT female threads; just use multiple wraps of PTFE tape (preferably the thicker variety used for gas lines) to get a suitable seal.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Thanks Russ! I was wondering if I could just wrap the threads a little thicker so I'll take your advise and look for the thicker tape.