Thread: Text Alarms - Project Fi

New User

Text Alarms - Project Fi

I am a Google Project Fi subscriber. Fi uses a combination of network switching in order to attempt to achieve wireless coverage in a variety of locations. It works pretty well actually, however, because the Apex only allows you to choose from the 4 major US networks, two of which Fi supports, I never receive the verification text even when I manually switch to T-Mobile or Sprint. Has there been anyone who has run into this or have a solution to this issue?

At any point in time, my phone may be connected to Sprint, T-mobile, US cellular, or Three, if I am in the UK. There are also times where my phone will roam to basically any other network in whatever foreign country that I am in. Clearly this causes a problem with the current implementations of the text notifications, but since I have no other issues with other text notifications from other services there must be a way for Fusion to be updated to support roaming clients like mine.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by manofcolombia View Post
    I am a Google Project Fi subscriber. Fi uses a combination of network switching in order to attempt to achieve wireless coverage in a variety of locations. It works pretty well actually, however, because the Apex only allows you to choose from the 4 major US networks, two of which Fi supports, I never receive the verification text even when I manually switch to T-Mobile or Sprint. Has there been anyone who has run into this or have a solution to this issue?

At any point in time, my phone may be connected to Sprint, T-mobile, US cellular, or Three, if I am in the UK. There are also times where my phone will roam to basically any other network in whatever foreign country that I am in. Clearly this causes a problem with the current implementations of the text notifications, but since I have no other issues with other text notifications from other services there must be a way for Fusion to be updated to support roaming clients like mine.
    I have the same issue, I can only use email
    To Text conversion, kind of frustrating, but is what it is ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    I just got the email gateway for Fi working, but still would like to see a better implementation of SMS alerts. There's quite a few things I would love to see done to fusion to bring it up to spec with other services that I work with, but I understand that they are trying to keep it simple. DHCP implementation is pretty spotty with enterprise equipment. Telnet is open - Why please why, switch to SSH with good crypto. 5Ghz on the wireless side for those in apartments where 2.4GHz is trash because of the spectrum being saturated. Fix the implementation of SSL on the apex dashboard as major browsers are requiring better crypto nowadays. Better user/permissions manageability. Encrypted video streams from camera sources to Fusion servers to a dashboard instance not on LAN so that people don't have to vpn home to see their stream on their dashboard (don't forward webcam/ipcam to the internet or your going to have a bad day).

Email notification
    <phone-number>@msg.fi.google.com