Thread: Camera Setup

Regular Vistor

Camera Setup

I want to setup a Reolink C1 Pro plug and play camera, but need help as every camera seems to be different. The camera was easy to get running and I can put the ip address into my browser and see it with out the reolink client. But when I put the ip into Neptune nothing happens. I have port forwarded camera and Neptune in my router. What am I missing.? Thanks in advance.

Try some of these suggestions here:

http://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Reo-Link

It may take more than what's given there, or may not even be possible with Apex and this camera (I'm not familiar with it), but it's a starting point.

And you don't have to download or use the iSpy app (I didn't) to get your camera working in Fusion ; just have the wizard generate a url for you.

Edit: If you're trying to use the local IP address in Fusion (typically begins with 192.168.), that won't work. You need to use your computer's IP address including port forwarded to the camera, and also username and password if needed because Apex can't process that request. And to have a stable alphabetic ip address, e.g. yourname.yourrouter.com, you'll want to subscribe to a typically-free DDNS service. (Apologies if you've already done all this.)

Also I'd suggest disabling port forwarding to the Apex as it's a substantial security risk and you don't need it to see your cam in Fusion from anywhere. I only activate port forwarding to the Apex if I'm going to be out of town away from the system, in which case it's worth the short-term decrease in security in order to have an additional means of remote access.

Regular Vistor
    Searching the router it does show the ip as 192.168 etc. does this mean I have to somehow change the camera i.p.?

No, you don't need to change the camera's ip. That's the camera's local network ip address. That address will only show up inside your home network, you can't reach it directly from the wider internet (including from Fusion). Here's an example of a url that might work. Let me break down its parts so you get a better understanding of what you need.

rtsp://admin:[email protected]:9950/h264Preview_01_main

rtsp - Internet protocol used by this camera, analogous to the usual http. Most cams use http, but this brand doesn't.

admin:admin - username and password for the camera, if required, can be put directly into the url. This works in Fusion with some browsers but not others. Also note that anyone who sees this url now has the password to your camera, so it isn't very secure. If your camera has no username/password, leave this out.

98.247.45.12 - An example of a typical internet ip address. Your home network has a similar address, as seen from the outside. You can find out what it is in many ways; easiest is just to google 'what is my ip?' Also note that this can and does change from time to time for most people, which will break any links that rely on it. That's why signing up for a ddns service is so useful; it keeps links to your computer from breaking when your numerical ip address changes.

9950 - This is the port that you've chosen to forward from the outside world to your camera. It needs to be there so that an incoming requests go to the camera and not, for example, to your computer's web browser, or to some other device in your home. It can be a random high number but it's always good to check and make sure there are no resultant ip conflicts. (There are online checkers for this as well.) Port forwarding is done in your router, usually under advanced or administrative settings.

h264Preview_01_main - Now that the url has gotten through to the camera, this is the code that makes the camera start delivering the proper video stream. It can be almost anything, each camera is different, that's why there's that huge catalog of possible codes at iSpy. Sometimes it's even worth trying codes from other camera brands if none of the obvious ones work.

Frequent Visitor
    To the OP, did you ever get this working?
    I just picked up one of these. Nice for the money.