Thread: ALD Leak Sensor In-Wall Extension

Regular Vistor

ALD Leak Sensor In-Wall Extension

I need to connect two ALD leak sensors to my Apex on another level so I need to extend the connection through the wall and floor. Ideally I'd prefer to run just one 4 conductor cable. The ALD leak sensors have a four conductor telephone jack connection but I've read that these are passive devices so I'm assuming only two of the four conductors are actually being used. Does anyone know what the pinout is for these sensors? The plan would be to splice the two wires from each sensor to the in-wall cable. Just need to know which conductors are actually being used.

Thanks,
    Harry

I have not seen a pinout published anywhere, and considering the new version with the FMM used 3 pins I seriously doubt only 2 are used.

I have not tested this personally, but I have heard in several forum posts here and on reef central that the sensors get a bit wonky if you extend them more than 20ft. You may want to consider getting another ALD for the basement and run aquabus through the wall to that.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    I accidentally ordered the ald leak module instead of the fmm one. i used a meter to find that when placed in water i got a closed circuit on the red and black wires. it tested in in both my breakout box and fmm port3 and again when placed in water i saw a switch closed state on either. on the fmm, it didn't immediately open after drying unlike on the breakout which was immediate. i'm guessing this is the FMM template programming (latch or defer) but only soldered this up tonight and had to get on with housework so am yet to play with the settings. does appear that the two wire (red/black) is all thats required. (i know this is an old post but i'm guessing that somebody else will stumble across this and find it useful.)