Thread: help with ATO reservoir programing

New User

help with ATO reservoir programing

I bought 2 optical sensors and a solenoid valve I want to setup a system to automatically fill my ATO res what would the program look like?

thanks for the help

Identify the switch inputs for the optical sensors and give them meaningful names, such as ResLo and ResHi. Program the output for the solenoid like this:

[AT_Res_Fill]
    Fallback OFF
    If ResLo OPEN Then ON
    If ResHi CLOSED Then OFF
    Defer 005:00 Then ON

When the low level sensor has been uncovered for at least 5 minutes, the solenoid output will turn on, and will stay on until the reservoir is full and high level sensor is closed (wet).
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    I have the same setup and similar code. However the reservoir fills to ResLow and then the solenoid shuts off after ResLow closed, but before ResHi closed. Also, I should probably post this second question somewhere else, but maybe you can help. I just purchased a BRS 5 stage RODI system and the water pressure gauge shows normal operating pressure even after the solenoid shuts off flow to the reservoir. Is this normal? I used a float valve with my old RODI and when it closed the pressure gauge read zero.

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ResLow OPEN Then ON
    If ResHi CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 010:00 Then OFF

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGator View Post
    I have the same setup and similar code. However the reservoir fills to ResLow and then the solenoid shuts off after ResLow closed, but before ResHi closed.
    Remove the Set OFF statement. This is a common mistake; there's a sticky post that contains info about when and when not to use a Set statement https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ad-This-Thread!
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGator View Post
    I just purchased a BRS 5 stage RODI system and the water pressure gauge shows normal operating pressure even after the solenoid shuts off flow to the reservoir. Is this normal? I used a float valve with my old RODI and when it closed the pressure gauge read zero.
    It depends on where the pressure gauge is installed. If it's on tap water input (supply) side of the RO/DI unit (as I believe it is on the BRS units), then the pressure gauge will always show the water pressure present in your home plumbing, regardless of whether the unit is outputting purified water or not.

New User
    Thanks for the quick and knowledgeable responses.

New User
    Yes thank you Russ I am going to pick up a large container for the res today I will hopefully have it set up today

I also purchased the 6 stage from BRS. FYI I purchased a wifi orbit sprinkler with solenoid valve and have the orbit controller plugged into an apex outlet. If leak alarm should go off (or high floats) it shuts the orbit control board off (this is only used as backup of course) which turns off the water supply through the solenoid. Also have a Neptune solenoid switch for extra redundancy and I use the float inside the reservoir. Works beautifully! Just food for thought..
    RODI.jpg

New User
    heres a update everything worked perfectly as a saftey measure I put a manual float valve on the ro line in case the solenoid didnt shut off for some reason it takes about a week and a half to empty the res enoughtot trigger a cycle thanks again russ

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Identify the switch inputs for the optical sensors and give them meaningful names, such as ResLo and ResHi. Program the output for the solenoid like this:

[AT_Res_Fill]
    Fallback OFF
    If ResLo OPEN Then ON
    If ResHi CLOSED Then OFF
    Defer 005:00 Then ON

When the low level sensor has been uncovered for at least 5 minutes, the solenoid output will turn on, and will stay on until the reservoir is full and high level sensor is closed (wet).

I have a question about this. I have this exact code except for the defer. My issue is it appears my ATO solenoid gets kicked on every few mins. The reason for this is believe is the that the water drops below my high sensor in my ATO container and kicks on the solenoid. Look how often it's running. I am not sure this is setup correctly and it if its bad for my RO unit and solenoid. Should I add defer right after the RODI_ON?
    Code:
    1	2020-12-0112:09:57 AM	RODI_ATOON
    2	2020-12-0112:09:57 AM	RODI_ATOOFF
    3	2020-12-0112:09:58 AM	RODI_ATOON
    4	2020-12-0112:09:58 AM	RODI_ATOOFF
    5	2020-12-0112:09:59 AM	RODI_ATOOFF
    6	2020-12-0112:10:07 AM	RODI_ATOON
    7	2020-12-0112:10:07 AM	RODI_ATOOFF

Post your actual programming please.

Regular Vistor
    Post your actual programming please.
    ATO_FL, SKIMFUL,SMP_FL are Leak detection monitors as fail safes.

Code:
    Fallback OFF
    If ATO_Lo CLOSED Then ON
    If ATO_HI CLOSED Then OFF
    If Smp_FL CLOSED Then OFF
    If SKMFUL CLOSED Then OFF
    If ATO_FL CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 020:00 Then OFF

Most likely, the ATO_Hi switch is bouncing, perhaps from surface ripples when the RODI starts being added.

Add Defer 15:00 Then ON. This will require the high switch to be CLOSED for a full 15 minutes before the output can turn on.

Regular Vistor
    Most likely, the ATO_Hi switch is bouncing, perhaps from surface ripples when the RODI starts being added.

Add Defer 15:00 Then ON. This will require the high switch to be CLOSED for a full 15 minutes before the output can turn on.
    Thanks for the reply. Where in the code do I add that? And that does make sense as my RO Line that goes into the Container is above the sensor and water line

It doesn’t really matter where a Defer is placed because it applies to the entire programming. I prefer to place Defer statements at the end as a reminder that everything above it can be affected.

Regular Vistor
    Ok, got it.

New User
    Do you plug the solenoid to the energy bar or to the fmm module?

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozonic View Post
    Do you plug the solenoid to the energy bar or to the fmm module?
    To the energy bar