Thread: Restarted Apex classic and eb8 wont show power status as on help

Frequent Visitor

Restarted Apex classic and eb8 wont show power status as on help

So the eb8 is working I can switch outlets on and off but the command IF POWER EB8 OFF 000 Then ON is triggering my alarm outlet. How do I reset this to on state?

Frequent Visitor
    I don't understand after 45 minutes the power status is now normal? When I try and restart my apex from display / network it restarts, display goes black, apex green light goes out then back on then off and stays off? I have to remove power and do a cold boot to get the apex back up again? Thats when the If Power OFF 000 fails but eb8 is powered on, controllable and working?

Youre supposed to get that message when the apex restarts. That is by design. You will only get that message during a power outage if you have a UPS setup, power monitor enabled, and apex aux supply plugged into the wall.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Yes that part I do understand but apex continues the alert and sends emails for 45 minutes after all power and UPS is restored?

Is there anything that would cause the apex brain to not boot back up after a DISPLAY/NETWORK/RESET is performed? I had this apex serviced in December of last year "FAIL BOOT" and fear the same thing is about to happen again.

The light turning off is definately not a good sign (I skimmed over that part on my first reply). That would most likely indicate either a broken aquabus or some sort of internal hardware fault that shut the whole thing down completely to keep it from poofing.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Guess you still skimmed over parts of my question. The apex works fine once the power is removed and booted back up. If internal failure exists it wouldn't matter if it was restarted by display or removing power problem would persist.