Thread: Programming RODI Solenoid for ATO Tank...

Regular Vistor

Programming RODI Solenoid for ATO Tank...

I have a low and high sensor in my ATO Tank. When it gets to Low I want it to turn on for 30 minutes, then turn off. If it gets to high sensor, also turn off. Lastly, turn off after running 25 minutes.

NOT WORKING...here is what I have but of course it turns solenoid off after low sensor sees water.

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If RODI-L OPEN Then ON
    If RODI-H CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 025:00 Then OFF

'When' is not a general-purpose timer; it is intended as a safety measure to positively turn (and keep) an output off in the event it is ON too long.

These two phrases conflict: "I want it to turn on for 30 minutes, then turn off" & turn off after running 25 minutes". Which duration do you want?

You will need to use a virtual output to act as a timer.

[ATO_Timer]
    Set OFF
    If RODI-L OPEN Then ON
    Defer 30:00 Then OFF

[ATO]
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Output ATO_Timer = ON Then ON

You could then use a 'When" statement to add an additional measure of safety if for some reason it runs too long - let's say 40 minutes. If that kicks in, the ATO output will go to being manually OFF and will stay OFF until slide the slider back to AUTO.

[ATO_Refill]
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    When On > 40:00 Then OFF
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Russ...thanks for reply but want to make sure we on same page.

I have the apex ATO all setup in sump that I am not messing with settings. It pulls water from ATO tank.

I have a solenoid valve on outlet of RODI and low and high sensors on the ATO Tank (not sump).

If low level in ATO Tank (not sump), I want solenoid to turn on for 30 minutes the. Turn off.

Yep, I understood that from your first post.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Just saw this question. These two phrases conflict: "I want it to turn on for 30 minutes, then turn off" & turn off after running 25 minutes". Which duration do you want?“

I guess I meant, I didn’t know how to prevent it from turning back off after water level rose above bottom sensor. My thought was to set a set time (30 min) then off.

As a backup, if it runs for more than 35 minutes, turn off BUT assume that not necessary since the 30 min already programmed. So just need to run for 30 then off. Also, if high level closed off.

How does that change what you posted? Would love to copy/paste tomorrow am and get working befor I leave town. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by allaboutmojo View Post
    Just saw this question. These two phrases conflict: "I want it to turn on for 30 minutes, then turn off" & turn off after running 25 minutes". Which duration do you want?“

I guess I meant, I didn’t know how to prevent it from turning back off after water level rose above bottom sensor. My thought was to set a set time (30 min) then off.

As a backup, if it runs for more than 35 minutes, turn off BUT assume that not necessary since the 30 min already programmed. So just need to run for 30 then off. Also, if high level closed off.

How does that change what you posted? Would love to copy/paste tomorrow am and get working befor I leave town. :-)
    His code already does exactly that, except he used 40 minutes instead of 35, which is probably better anyway to prevent nuisance lockouts (the when statement will change the state to manual OFF if the float stays low too long). One thing I would suggest though is to use min time instead of defer in the first virtual outlet if your goal is to have it run exactly 30 minutes. The way Russ coded It, it will run 30 minutes after the low switch changes from reading low to reading high, which will always be longer than 30 minutes and may conflict with the when statement.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    So what should
    Code be?

[ATO_Timer]
    Set OFF
    If RODI-L OPEN Then ON
    Min Time 30:00 Then ON

[ATO]
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    When On > 40:00 Then OFF

Regular Vistor
    Ok, stupid question. Do I just copy/paste this into the Advanced section of the Solenoid?

The ATO part would go in the solenoid, but first you need to create a virtual outlet and name it the same as above.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The ATO part would go in the solenoid, but first you need to create a virtual outlet and name it the same as above.

Hey, just stopping by to thank the input on this forum as I'll be using it as well!