Thread: Using Switches

New User

Using Switches

Hi,

I am new to the Apex and have got my head around some of it.

I am struggling with Switching. I have a float switch which I have wired into the breakout box and can confirm that it has switched but it is not instant.

It has only worked a couple of times and moved from open to closed but never goes back. I have been operating the switch manually to test

I have tried 3 different switching ports (1 to 3) with all the same result

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

Could be a number of things. First, make sure the float actually works independent of the apex using a multimeter on the continuity or resistance setting. A beep or near zero resistance means closes, no beep or infinite resistance (often says OP) means OPEN. If that works wire it back up to the BOB and change the state (keep in mind fusion updates slow so it can take about 30 seconds to see the change.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

New User
    Thanks for the help.

I was being impatient. It takes nearly a minute to update the dashboard but I hear the energy bar clicking immediately after moving the float switch so problem solved.

Another small problem - One thing I can't get to work is the sound alarm or sound warning. I can get it send an email but is their a a sound setting on the controller / display that I am missing?

Thanks

Frequent Visitor
    I’m not positive, but I believe the sound alarm/warning works only with the speaker in the display module; if you don’t have the display module it’s useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepydoc View Post
    I’m not positive, but I believe the sound alarm/warning works only with the speaker in the display module; if you don’t have the display module it’s useless.

That's correct. With current firmware you shouldn't even see those two tiles on the dash unless you have a display module connected. If you do have a display module connected, the tiles for sound might be tucked away in the Tiles section at the top. The sound warning and alarm are separately programmed from the email notification. You can set the specific sounds to be used for each on the Expand -> Misc setup page.

New User
    I'm sorted thanks. The display module had a sound function that I missed - it was off. Selected a tone and it works a treat now.