Thread: Radion XR 15's not working with Apex

Regular Vistor

Radion XR 15's not working with Apex

I am hoping someone can lead me in the right direction to resolve this weird problem I am having with my setup. I have two XR15's that are plugged into the apex power bar. I also have a reeflink that controls my lights daily programming. Now the issue I am having is with my right light not powering on in the morning or powering off in the evening when it's scheduled to do so. The weird problem is it happens every couple of days and sometimes two days in a row. The way I resolve the issue is going to the apex app and toggle on/off the light for it to get back into regular programming. Not sure if I should even be posting this on this forum or Ecotech but I am really frustrated.

Anyone have ave any ideas ?

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    The only issue you would have for us would be an issue with the power bar turning off. Your issue is likely coming from the Reeflink and Ecosmart live. I would contact Ecotech for troubleshooting. Better yet, ditch the Reeflink and get a WXM module and control the lights with your Apex. I've owned both and gave away my Reeflink.
    Chad

Frequent Visitor
    Sounds like you have the socket on the plug bar on auto maybe? It’s then set to a time? This socket on the plug bar should always be switched to “on”
    As mentioned why not use the wxm module rather than Reef link. I’ve got both, 5 Radion G4’s, 2 x MP40’s through the wxm module, while the Reef link looks after my M1 return pump only because the wxm doesn’t support this. However that’ll soon be ditched when the COR is finally released

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    The fans on the Radions run even when the LED's are off. I don't like the fans running all of the time due to greater dust and the possibility of wear and tear greater than needs to be. I have always used an eb8/832 outlet to turn the Radions on about 5 minutes before the virtual outlet programming kicks in and leave the power on about 10 min after the LED's shut off to cool them off before killing the power. If you were simply going to leave the outlet on the EB8/832 etc in the "on" position all of the time then there really wouldn't be any reason to not just plug them into a standard power strip etc as IMO that's a waste of an outlet for programming other equipment.

The fact that the OP's issue isn't occurring on a regular basis as stated it's unlikely that programming is the issue. But just for fun it may be helpful if the programming could be posted in case there are any statements such as temp limits etc that could be shutting the outlets off during the day.
    Chad