Thread: problem wxm and Mp40!

New User

problem wxm and Mp40!

I have 4 mp40. Yesterday I bought a Qd-unit for one of my old pump. All 4 pump were connected to WXM and worked well. I switch the control unit and replace with the new qd-unit. I reset the control unit and then i set the unit so i get blue yellow. I open Apex fusion and go to Ouputs and I dont see the Pump!
    I reset again and try again but no pump. Then I update wxm, but the same problem. I detach the Wxm, sam problem. Reset Apex, sam problem.
    Then i replace the old controller, the pump starts, But i Dont see the pump at Outputs! But the pump is controlled by Apex....
    So today i removed all pumps, deleted wxm and start all over again, but today I cant connect any pump....
    BUT, two pumps still is controlled by Apex, but i dont see them in Apex.
    So boring this is....

New User
    One thing more, I deleted all the pump in the old way to program Apex (modul setup/Wxm/ delete outlet

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Do each pump with the other's powered off and add them one by one. They are little finicky. I just redid mine a couple days ago and I have a lot of experience setting these up. It took me about 3 times to get the pumps to finally connect. I don't think there is any issue as you were running successfully prior to your upgrade.

Be patient and follow the get started guide to the "T" especially with clearing the memory of each vortech and again just be patient with each unconnected vortech powered off until it's connected. This seemed to work best for me.
    Chad

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    Do each pump with the other's powered off and add them one by one. They are little finicky. I just redid mine a couple days ago and I have a lot of experience setting these up. It took me about 3 times to get the pumps to finally connect. I don't think there is any issue as you were running successfully prior to your upgrade.

Be patient and follow the get started guide to the "T" especially with clearing the memory of each vortech and again just be patient with each unconnected vortech powered off until it's connected. This seemed to work best for me.
    Thanks, but I have tried so many times, clearing the memory and try to connect. But nothing happens.
    I think that the pumps still excist in the Apex memory

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Post a screenshot of your outlets page and module setup page.
    Chad

New User
    Neptune could not help me with the pumps... The only answer was, there is no problem with Apex.
    So I made some searching on Google, and Ecotech had the answer. The only way Is to make a "hard reset". I did this and now the pumps are connected to Apex again
    BUT! why don't Neptune has this information on the manual for the wxm-modul????? And why don't the support know this...

Frequent Visitor

problem wxm and Mp40!

So there WAS nothing wrong with the Apex?

A hard reset and a soft reset do different things. A hard reset has nothing to do with connectivity.

Copied from Ecotech FAQ.

“A soft reset clears the memory of all master/slave relationships when multiple pumps are connected wirelessly. In the event that multiple pumps are connected, each controller will require a reset.

-A hard reset is used to clear the entire memory of the driver, and restore ALL your Vortech pump settings (i.e. saved waves and speeds, feed/night modes) back to the factory defaults.”

All a hard reset does on top of a soft reset is to erase all saved profiles n modes.

Just because you did a hard reset n it worked doesn’t mean that was what you needed to do to make it work. Ecotech connections are finicky. Even their own Reeflink takes numerous tries to link their own products sometimes.

Maybe this 1 time when you did a hard reset everything came together n it worked.

As per the FAQ, did you soft reset EVERY pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never had to do a hard reset of a Vortech. A soft reset clears the Vortech driver memory of existing pairings to another pump or to Reeflink, and that is all that should be needed to then be able to pair a Vortech to the WXM. The soft reset / clear memory procedure is in the WXM manual.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.